Crafters- What are you making???

Quote:
I was told that you should charge three times what it cost you to make them. (one of the major reasons being, your are being adequately paid for the time you spend making your items.)

Thank you
smile.png

Quote:
I was told that you should charge three times what it cost you to make them. (one of the major reasons being, your are being adequately paid for the time you spend making your items.)

Thank you
smile.png

You're welcome
big_smile.png

This was the project for my Christmas quilting class. I finally finished it just after Christmas. I stitched in the ditch on the tree and the areas around it I stippled. I had the hardest time with this project. I got frustrated doing the log cabin pattern because I kept forgetting to keep right sides together (and I know better!) and all my squares were crooked. Then when I started the stippling, my bobbin thread tension was all wonky until I figured out I forgot to lower the presser foot! I was too frustrated to go back and rip out what was messed up (been there and done that 100 times with this wallhanging!) and there are a few folds where I didnt get the backing completely straightened out. I won't be showing this to my quilting instructor because I am sure she wouldn't be pleased!

1816_dsc02321.jpg

This was a project I found online after seeing my quilting instructors cut little pin cushion with an attached thread bag, hers is a different pattern. I make a horrible mess with the clipped threads when I sew and thought this would be a cute way to solve that problem and a handy area to keep my sewing accessories close at hand! The fabric is part of a collection of 6 fabrics I bought at walmart a year ago.

1816_dsc02322.jpg

1816_dsc02324.jpg

1816_dsc02323.jpg

I have been busy trying to finish Christmas presents I didnt get done in time for the holidays.

100_6370-1.jpg

100_6369-1.jpg

And I paused to make these hats for my husband and son. It's been really cold here.

100_6371-1.jpg

The only thing I'm currently crafting is a new updated website for one of my cabin rental clients...
but I'm taking a break this evening and though I'd share what I did since a couple days before christmas, when I mysteriously pretty much disappeared from BYC... until this week anyway

Apron for DD for Christmas
100_3598.JPG

Headbands for DD for Christmas
100_3600.JPG

I dyed an old bedsheet with some left over tie-dye kit stuff... it was dingy white, now it's brilliant and new
100_3622.JPG

does this count? I crafted a heated 2 gallon water bucket
wink.png

100_3623.JPG
(more details: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=3438597#p3438597)

I
also got all of my ribbon sorted out and neatly put onto a large roll... so I can once again start making & selling some 3 & 5 yard bows, tree toppers & bouquet ribbons to hopefully supplement the income this year. It's always so much fun to make them, I think it could be a fun source of side money. Where I learned, they used to sell them for BIG BIG BUCKS!!!

Love seeing everybody's creativeness! GREAT JOB!
Now, I must get back to work...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom