Crazy easy way to make hard boiled eggs

lol.png
Tell hubby "thanks"!!! I just gave his method a try and OMG!!!! Every egg was perfect!!!
droolin.gif
Yummy!!!

thats they way i do them too, found it the back of a cookbook someone gave me "recipe for perfect boiled eggs"

Did this method with 4 eggs freshly plucked from coop and only had a minor issue with one of them. I added my salt before boiling and as a test cracked the shell of 2 of them before plunging into ice water for the 5 minutes. It was actually one of the cracked shells that was not perfect, almost but not quite! I am so pleased to be able to do deviled eggs again! Thanks!

God is great. But I never put salt in my boiling eggs before. I usually chip the shell away.. but your magic trick seems to be possible, i should try next time. does that salt help, hugh?

Well you start by clicking a fork at the shell after it's boiled and it should make big chips, but wow, gr8 for you.

My wife must be the odd one here. She uses waterless greaseless vaposeal cookware. She folds a paper towel in half and places in in the pan, covers the paper towel with water. (4-5 tbsp maybe) Then places the eggs in the pan and cover. Cooks on high 2 minutes, turns to med low for 30 minutes, ensuring vapor escapes from top.
Basically she steams them. Anyone else here use waterless cookware?

My wife must be the odd one here. She uses waterless greaseless vaposeal cookware. She folds a paper towel in half and places in in the pan, covers the paper towel with water. (4-5 tbsp maybe) Then places the eggs in the pan and cover. Cooks on high 2 minutes, turns to med low for 30 minutes, ensuring vapor escapes from top.
Basically she steams them. Anyone else here use waterless cookware?

No, but it sounds interesting. I am going to look it up.
big_smile.png

How easily do her eggs peel??

Just saw this thread, and figured I'd add my 2 cents.

I struggled with making the "perfect" hard boiled egg. My late grandmother shared a trick for me years back that her mother had taught her. Keep in mind I am talking about a bunch of old women who grew up on farms in south Georgia before electricity..

Put eggs in pot and cover with cold water. Add a pinch of salt and a splash of vinegar. Bring water/eggs to a rolling boil and turn off heat and take off burner. Let stand about 10 minutes then put them in cold water to cool off to handle(they didn't have ice back then, but the well water was probably in the 50's)

Since I have been doing this I rarely have an egg that doesn't come out perfect

Back
Top Bottom