Crazy easy way to make hard boiled eggs

Yes it does work. Boiling salted water, 14 minutes, ice bath. Every once in a while I have an egg burst in the water but for the most part they are peeling nicely. Also, the older the egg the better it works.

I just hard boiled 36 eggs. Brought the water to boil, ladle eggs (18 at a time) into the boiling water. Boiled for 14 minutes, ladled them out and put in a bowl and ran cold water over them, then put the next 18 eggs in the water and boiled for 14 minutes. While they are cooling in cold water, I peeled the first 18--EASY! I peeled the last 18--EASY! I think maybe two out of the 36 total eggs had a little bit of the egg come off with the shell, but it was sooo easy! Thank you! I did forget to put salt in the water--it doesn't change the egg taste does it?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I wish i had seen this when I returned home from an extended trip!! 4 18 count and almost 6 dozen eggs later I came out with only 1 gallon of pickled eggs
ep.gif
I did have a ton of egg salad sandwich mix....

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I wish i had seen this when I returned home from an extended trip!! 4 18 count and almost 6 dozen eggs later I came out with only 1 gallon of pickled eggs
ep.gif
I did have a ton of egg salad sandwich mix....
I haven't tried it yet (only 3 laying, no extras to boil) but one site swore that putting a lemon wedge in the water works really well.

I use about a tea spoon of salt and put them in with a laddle when I have a good boil. As soon as they start to boil again I turn the flame all the way down to simmer for about (15 min XL eggs) then run cold water over them and get about a 90% success rate. If the eggs are on the smaller side I'll knock couple minutes off.

Back
Top Bottom