Crazy easy way to make hard boiled eggs

Do you shut the stove off after you put the eggs in the boiling water ?
hmm.png

I keep the water boiling, I want them hot when they hit the ice water. Also, where I live, water boils at a lower temp than it does at sea level so I need to keep the water boiling for them to cook right.

So yesterday I made the hard boiled eggs as the other post had said to and I had 8 PERFECT eggs. I even put an egg in they came right out of the nest box--that egg too came out perfect. The only thing the recipe didn't state was wether or not to shut the stove off after adding the eggs ............ so after the water came to a rolling boil I added the pinch of salt ,then lowered the eggs in using a laddle, set the timer for 14 minutes, I returned the water to a gentle boil, then covered the pot and then shut the stove off... YEAH finally hard boiled eggs that come out perfect. Next I will try the baking them method.

I'm afraid I'd crack them putting them into boiling water. What works for me is to put the fresh eggs into cold, salted water, cover tightly with a lid, and bring to a rapid boil. Remove from heat (leave cover on) and let stand 30 minutes. Put pan into the sink and fill with cold tap water and about a cup of ice-cubes. Let stand 25 minutes in cold water. Take out each egg and smack with the back of a spoon (it's amazing the dent you get because the inner membrane has shrunk) and return the eggs to the cold water for a few minutes. Then peel (I like to peel under running tap water). Works great! Now I don't have to buy eggs when I need to hard boil them. :)

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!
wee.gif
We were so discouraged that we couldn't hard boiled our eggs and the kids kept asking for egg salad sandwiches for lunch!!

I'm so relived that there is a miracle solution to my "problem"!!
celebrate.gif

Two perfectly peeled eggs, about 30 seconds each or less
wee.gif
ya.gif

Thanks one and all ... Happy Holidays

Charlie

Back
Top Bottom