Crazy easy way to make hard boiled eggs

Thank all of you for your helpful hints and how to's. I really appreciate your responses. That said, I gave up and went out to the shop and made 3 raised garden boxes. Getting ready to go back out and knock another one or two out and call it a day.

THANKS AGAIN PEEPS!

Wow! I was a real skeptic. I expected the shells to crack when they hit that boiling water, but they didn't!
I boiled 2 eggs (I don't have a lot of extras) that are both 2 days old. One from my Barnevelder whose shells are very tough. The other from my BSL, her shells are average.

Brought water to a full roiling boil, used a ladle to gently lower in each egg. Boiled for 15 minutes then drained and put into an ice water bath. I didn't time how long they were in the ice water, but maybe 5 min. They were very cool to the touch. The BSL egg peeled perfectly and the yolk was beautiful (although not centered). The Barnevelder egg had a small spot stick to the shell, but still very acceptable.

Loved that this worked. I remember when I was a kid my mother used the boiling water method to do soft boiled eggs in the morning. My da! was from europe and it was his preferred breakfast. She always said it was a more accurate way to time a soft boiled egg. But she didn't use an ice bath, so that part was new for me.

Thanks!

p.s. I also have a set of "Eggies" (as seen on tv) and I like those, too. No shells to deal with at all. I bought them at a discount store, not from tv, so they were under $5.

I have one of those Eggsact Egg Timers and I use it extensively. It really helps out with the timing now that I live a 7400+ feet in elevation, moving from about 800 feet to a mile and 1/2 high was a big adjustment! Perfect eggs every time! hard boiled, soft boiled, whatever you want.
I also bring the water to a boil, then add the timer and eggs with a tongs. When done, I remove them with said tongs to a bowl of ice water and let sit till cool (or the ice is melted). Easy to peel!

Were the eggs at room temp or refridgerated?

Also, were they older or fresh?

Sure tell him ! Have u tried putting them In muffin tins and baking them? I just heard of this but have. No personal experience with it

Sure tell him ! Have u tried putting them In muffin tins and baking them? I just heard of this but have. No personal experience with it

Yes I bake my eggs in muffin tins and they peel super easy every time and can be the eggs collected that day. I posted this awhile back but someone did not have any luck with it not sure if anyone else tried it. I actually found this method on pinterest works great for me.

OK, I've been trying various methods to hard boil my eggs,peel them, and still end up with something resembling an egg. Some success, but nothing I'd want to use for say deviled eggs.

So last weekend my husband asks if I want a boiled egg. Sure. He hands me the most perfectly peeled egg oblivious to the miracle he has performed. Casually I ask him how he made the eggs.

Get the water boiling first - rapid boil. Add a dash of salt. Gently lower eggs in with a ladle. 14 minutes later drain and put in cold water so they are cool enough to handle. Peel.

I tried it tonight to see if I could duplicate the perfect egg. The eggs practically roll out of the shell. I have almost intact shells. Sooo easy.
ya.gif

Now, do I tell him how amazing he is?
bow.gif

Are the eggs room temp when you put them in or are they right out of the refrigerator?

I tried this the other night with 2 store bought, 2 medium and 2 small fresh eggs (one day old), from the refrigerator. Boiled the water, set the eggs in the pot easy, and waited 15 minutes. Put into iced water and waited about 20 minutes. The eggs practically jumped out of the shells. Perfect.
thumbsup.gif

Bob

Back
Top Bottom