Crazy easy way to make hard boiled eggs

Thank you Thank you Thank you! I boiled 8 eggs perfectly using this method, two were freshly laid and the others were less than a week old. They all peeled perfectly and were perfectly cooked.

I had heard from everyone not to even try to hard boil fresh eggs so I didn't even try. Read this and went and tried it! They were PERFECT! Did 1 dozen eggs none more than 3 days old and each one peeled easier than I have ever had them peel!
Thanks so much for the great advice!

I know this is an old thread but I just had to rave about how awesome this trick is I am saving it in my recipe book as perfect hardboiled eggs! I have never ever been able to peel an egg one could use for deviled eggs but tonight I did it three times with no effort. I had to stop myself from boiling a whole dozen! Thank you so much!

I'm having trouble with lots of eggs cracking after being put in the boiling water. I know the shells are the same as they've always been, because when I have to crack open a raw egg it's just as tough as it ever was. I might try using the old method but putting them into the ice water when they're done.

I have a basket. I put them in the basket and they all get lowered very gently into the boiling water. The eggs are always room temperature. I don't put eggs we use ourselves in the fridge.

I accidentally discovered this method…made an "egg in a cup" and then used the same water and pan to boil eggs by adding some eggs to the hot water and returning it to boiling. Turned it off and left eggs in the water (for about 20-30 minutes) and then cooled in cold water. Peel came right off all of them two days later! And the egg white was not "mushy"…a previous problem.

I came across this post today. I put 18 silkie day old eggs out of the refrigerator in boiling water no salt 17 min. then strained off the hot water then put them in a large bowl of water with 1 tray of ice cubes in it and then started peeling them PERFECT HARD BOILED EGGS. Then I went to the refrigerator and got an 18 pack of day old large brown eggs and did the same thing, and OMG perfect eggs again. I had given up on pickling eggs. I can't wait till spring for quail eggs. No more potato salad.
wee.gif

I still had shells sticking with this method, but what does work for me is to bang the large end of the egg on the counter before boiling. This cracks the shell, but not enough to break the membrane. When the egg cooks, I do sometimes get the impression of the cracked area on the eggs, but they come out whole without the shell sticking.
Since the shell is cracked, please store them in the refrigerator and use within a few days.

Just another option to try
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom