Crazy easy way to make hard boiled eggs

I came across this post today. I put 18 silkie day old eggs out of the refrigerator in boiling water no salt 17 min. then strained off the hot water then put them in a large bowl of water with 1 tray of ice cubes in it and then started peeling them PERFECT HARD BOILED EGGS. Then I went to the refrigerator and got an 18 pack of day old large brown eggs and did the same thing, and OMG perfect eggs again. I had given up on pickling eggs. I can't wait till spring for quail eggs. No more potato salad.
wee.gif

For quail eggs just soak the boiled egg in vinegar for a little while... the spots will float off and the shell will soften. Once the shell is soft it slips right off...

Lol.. when you are boiling up a hundred or more of them at a time to make pickled eggs it makes life a whole lot easier to do it this way!

Hello---I have been reading the great recipes here. Fun--Does any one know how the restaurants who serve deviled eggs on their buffets make the yolk stay in the middle of the egg. I can never do it and it seems to me that the places who do this must boil 800 eggs to get enough to put on their displays unless there is some trick they use.

Anyone have any secrets they want to share with a lopsided egg boiler?

Hello---I have been reading the great recipes here. Fun--Does any one know how the restaurants who serve deviled eggs on their buffets make the yolk stay in the middle of the egg. I can never do it and it seems to me that the places who do this must boil 800 eggs to get enough to put on their displays unless there is some trick they use.

Anyone have any secrets they want to share with a lopsided egg boiler?
I've read two different things~ 1) Store the eggs on their sides before boiling (i.e., in a carton with a rubber band to keep it closed, store the carton on it's side for a few days) and 2) gently rotate the eggs when they're first boiling in one direction, and then the other, to create centrifugal force inside the egg. This should center the egg as it's setting up and theoretically center it.

trying this method to hard boil eggs today. We are new to chickens, and our pullets just started laying in December. This is our first try to hard boil our fresh eggs. I will post the update later today...

Success! Peeled perfectly! Note to self: even though the egg is cool to touch, after peeling, wait a moment before taking a bite, the yolk will still be steaming hot!!
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom