Cream legbar lays green egg.

dcnorcal

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 25, 2013
12B70013-A56C-47A3-A300-8E9A747864CE.jpeg
I recently ordered some CCL from a exotic breed hatchery. I received the eggs and when I opened the box I had green eggs? I’ve had CCL for 10 years and never had one lay a green egg. Pic is the green eggs next to my blue eggs from my CCL. I don’t want a green eggs from my CCL. Did the eggs get switched or do CCL lay green eggs?

View attachment 1716559 I recently ordered some CCL from a exotic breed hatchery. I received the eggs and when I opened the box I had green eggs? I’ve had CCL for 10 years and never had one lay a green egg. Pic is the green eggs next to my blue eggs from my CCL. I don’t want a green eggs from my CCL. Did the eggs get switched or do CCL lay green eggs?
Not all people selling eggs can be trusted. CCL hens that lay green eggs are not pure and somewhere along the way ended up having brown egg genes introduced into them.

I hatched a CCL pullet from a bought CCL egg. The egg she hatched from was a pretty blue egg. The first egg she laid was an olive egg. I did not let her become part of my breeding project and sold her as a green egg layer and not as a CCL.

I have bothe CCL lines that Greenfire Farms sell there Jill Reese and what they call there production line and have never seen any eggs that color manly the blue eggs they don’t vary much.
A lot and I do mean a lot of the claimed Jill Reese line have been contaminated by the brown egg gene. I am assuming it happened after people got their Jill Reese from Greenfire Farms. There are a lot of unethical people out there. A couple of years ago you could find many examples on eBay of people selling CCL hatching eggs and their sample photos very often showed green eggs. I haven't checked eBay lately but it would not surprise me if it was still the same.

Back
Top Bottom