Creating my own breed, Breeding project

I am following along, did you find out what type of chicken you want to use for the feathering of the feet? Cochin or perhaps dark Brahmas? They may tick a few of your boxes!

Can't wait to see what you make!

I am following along, did you find out what type of chicken you want to use for the feathering of the feet? Cochin or perhaps dark Brahmas? They may tick a few of your boxes!

YES, I actually got one chick that is left over from the breeding and she is actually pretty, lays nice medium sized brown eggs. I gave her father to one of my friends who needed a rooster. So I'm left with her I'll show you a picture tomorrow

Have you started this yet??
What have the outcomes been if any??
So far I can see what I'm looking for, there is only one living chick out of all the chicks I hatched, they sadly were killed due to not going back into the coop. She is only one left yet she shows all the traits I wanted, nice meaty breasts, medium sized body, feathered feet and medium sized brown eggs. I'll put a picture up tomorrow

20230327_094722.jpg
20230327_094731.jpg

Back
Top Bottom