Crest "Hair-cut"?

chickschool

Songster
11 Years
Mar 5, 2011
Traverse City, MI
So this is the first time I've ever had ducks. I ordered one runner and one white crested. They are both totally cute, cuddly and completely hilarious. However...Ping, my white crested, has a bit of a "hair" problem. The crest is totally loop-sided and even tends to tilt his/her head to the side. Can I or even should I trim it so it's more even?

81690_img_6259.jpg

81690_img_6258.jpg

81690_img_6352.jpg

"I totally ROCK!"

81690_img_6317.jpg

Oh dear. It looks like a bad toupee. Ping looks like she's ready for her own lounge show in Las Vegas. (She's adorable)

I wouldn't trim it. It's feathers; it can't weigh all that much.

Is it a she? The runner was marked as a female but the crested came as either or. And it's funny you should say that about the runner. They are completely inseparable but it has always been the crested that would freak out if she couldn't see the runner and will always place herself in between "danger" and her.

Last edited:
I love my chickens but I am have been so surprised how much of a duck fan I am becoming. Their personalities will keep you laughing. What would your DH do if a couple just "happened" to arrive in the mail by "accident"?
wink.png

Too, too cute! I do have to trim my Crested Ducks feathers back just a little. If not he would not be able to see at all.

benjoycei, which Wilmington do you live in?

edited to add:
never mind benjoycei, I looked at your profile and you are about 15 minutes from me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom