***Crevecoeur Thread***

Pics
It could still be a black polish, but
fl.gif
that you got a creve :D How fun! I hope they all grow up healthy!!!

I guess I dropped off my extra boys a bit over 2 weeks ago, and yesterday I had to get more feed. One was still there, and it broke my heart! Not only that, he looks so good! Great deep red ears and face and perfect horns. I think I made a mistake giving him up! He's changed so much in 2 weeks! Wish I could take him back home, but my neighbor expressed her dislike of my boys crowing, and I need to find a home or solution to this ASAP. I'm so depressed!

Last edited:
Are you allowed to have roosters were you live? If so your neighbor can not make you get rid of him. It sounds like you are being courteous of your neighbor. I mean you keep the rooster in on the weekends to give them a break. I hope you can keep him. One rooster is not unreasonable. You could look into keeping him in something reasonably soundproof and let him out later in the mornings.

they changed it from 3 to 1 in recent years. Had I started with the chickens 3 or 4 years ago, I could have been grandfathered in, but I just started. I really don't want neighbors angry either. I have them in the house ATM, we'll see if I can build something that works in here...? I've been keeping them in a box at night until 9:30 AM, then took them outside to be with the girls, except on weekends when I kept them in the house. I'm planning an in-house coop, with diaper'd roaming time, LOL.

Wow. I can't imagine not being able to have my roosters..:( I love a good rooster crow!! I have 5 roos! 2 polish, 2 white leghorn and 1 buff sebrigh

I hope if work picks up, that my husband will be willing to move out to the country somewhere. In the mean time, poor Charlie and Bouillon are hanging out in the house with me. I know they'd much rather be with their girls, but it's just not possible :( I'm thinking of bringing the girls into the kitchen for a reunion, but it'll mean a big floor clean up afterwards. Maybe it's worth it? I dunno... Then maybe I can sit with Bouillon outside with his girls, and try to head off any crows. He's a lot quieter than Charlie (louder, but doesn't crow as much) But that'll take a lot of my time. Yet, it might do me some good to relax and hang with the birds for a day?

I'm hoping to be able to jump in on this thread and get some feedback on the rooster I just picked up today. I was told he is a Crevecoeur but I have my doubts. He was free so I didn't worry about it. I've read how rare they are and also that the black polish roosters can look VERY similar.
Here's a pic of him.

He looks terrible right now with his wings clipped but I won't be doing that to him...

See my next post too for another photo.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom