CROCHET BABY AFGHAN SHOWER PROJECT signups NOW OPEN & On Going

You have counted me, right Karen? If not, please do. I'm planning on starting something tonight, IF I get the girls to stop buggin me.lol

Quote:
Yes SK
hide.gif
I have you we are going to do a certain granny square pattern I am waiting for Okie to give me the colors of the Vannas Choice baby yarn. Then I will get it all posted. THANK YOU
clap.gif
clap.gif

big_smile.png
Karan

Think she posted a pic of it on the crochet thread....I did say THINK! lol it is late, I am tired, so I'm not for certain. lol

No no, Honey that was me.
roll.png

I know your tired, go find your nice soft pillow and comfy blankie. Then tell Jim for him and the girls to give ya a break.
th.gif

big_smile.png
Karan

PEEK A BOO

Fellow Crocheters to theGHAN SEND OFF SHOWER
we are starting a new thread and hopefully a new trend.

Our Sister Crochet hooker and BYCer Okiemommy is eggspecting.
celebrate.gif

When we recieved Okiemommy's news the idea was brought up to do a Granny square Baby Afghan for her. From that it has grown into an open community project. Lutheran Chick has gracefully volunteered to put all the squares together and do the the finished edging for this our first Babyghan.
She already has a set of twins.
celebrate.gif
So we may be making 1 Babyghan for this BYCer.

So if you wish to join in the fun please be sure to signup. Sign up is open for how ever long we add new Momma's eggspecting to the list. So any New Comers are Welcome
frow.gif

Any and all that crochet or wish to learn are more than welcome.

Someone mentioned that one of our BYC Moderators Carrie is also eggspecting. So more are already coming at us.

Momma in waiting List

Babyghans will be going out acording to Due Dates
1. swtangel eggspecting Aiden Ryan arrived @ 3:40 AM Tuesday Jan20th
Babyghan completed , to be on way to them soon
ya.gif

2. Carrie eggspecting a boy about 1st or 2nd week in Feb

3. PamsPride baby girl born Jan 24th she was 5 weeks early

4. Asher eggspecting a boy in May
5. Okiemommy eggpecting 1 in July don't know Boy or Girl
( brings a total of 5 Babyghans) so far

Here is the pattern Okie had chosen http://www.allfreecrafts.com/crochet/baby-blanket.shtml

note ( in this pattern there is 2 type O's as you do 2 chain between clusters on 1st round, 2nd & 3rd round 2 ch only between clusters at corners then 1 ch between the corner and side clusters. and in the 3rd round it states you will have 16 clusters you will have 12 clusters)
I feel the colors should Sweet pea green, Duckie Yellow and Berrylicious with Lamb for the sc for joining the squares of Vannas Choice Baby Yarn. Here is a sample of a square I did to find the size as it was not in the pattern I used a size J hook some have used an F and some G. 3 1/2 inches is the square with a total of 72 squares for the entire afghan.
That means there will be
16 combo colored squares with Berrylicious , Sweet pea Green then Duckie Yellow.
24 squares solid of the Sweet pea Green
32 of the Duckie Yellow.
It doesn't take long to hook one out. This is for the pattern to be assembled in variation 1 of the pattern combo. Then we will subsitute Blue Bell for the Berrylicious for the second batch of 72 squares. I hope this is not too confusing. The square here is the colors I had on hand but this will give you an idea of what is planned for the combo square.
12535_p1030784.jpg

Note
But WE don't need to do that round..LC (or the Assembler) will do that round AS the joining. For the joining You lay two squares together back to back and do a row of sc and then flatten out the squares..the ridge/joining is done that way.That wont work if we add a round of sc to our own squares. Ours should be 3 1/2" with NO sc on it at all. Poor LC (or the Assembler) would be ripping alotout This Made I hope pattern more clear. Thanks Scrambled for the help
big_smile.png

The next couple will be mix and match of your choice of Baby brand Yarn and colors. So any left from these will be added to the next afghans. No square will go to waste.

So start searching through your yarn stash or jump on that sale of baby soft yarns. I am sure there will be other Babyghans in the future that will be needed after this one is done. Any Squares made with colors of your choice will be used to assemble for these other BYCer's and any left will be held for future Babyghans that may come.
Please if you can include a small note or your tag with each group of 10 or 12 squares so these maybe enclosed with a shower card for the Momma's to place in Baby books for keepsakes. I will PM you all with my address so I can get them packaged to the Assembler be assembled and then sent to the Parents to be. Isn't it eggciting to become New Aunts and Uncles?? I find BYC is One Big wonderful Family.
love.gif
hugs.gif

Our intended signup list will begin as follows:
Whom Title / Descripition of Job # Solids/combos recieved
1 Karanleaf - Karan Organizer 26 combo w/blue so far
2. Lutheran Chick - Kay Assembler
3. Scrambled Egg - Darlene Crocheter 70 squares & 1 pair of booties
6. Mangled - Emily Crocheter/Next Assembler out of commission due to injury
7. WildSky Crocheter 23 squares of combo&solids & 1 adorable hat
6. FrChuckW Crocheter
7. Skand Crocheter/ Assembler
8. Queen Scoot Crocheter
9. AmyQuilt Crocheter
10. OzarkHen Crocheter 30 solids
11. Coffeelady3 Crocheter
12. Blossomhen Crocheter
13. TB1 - Teri Crocheter
14. arabookworm Crocheter
15. Algopurple Crocheter / Assembler
16. chickenlover50010 Crocheter

If I missed getting anyone on the list please PM me, I don't mean to over look anyone.
big_smile.png
thanks Karan

While waiting you may want to visit all of us crocheters on the Spring Swap thread. Plenty of chatting, laughing and always loads of help with crocheting questions. And great friends to make. Stop by and see us.

Last edited:
Quote:
Wild, you and I can do the solid squares to offset the multi colored ones, how about that for an idea Karan?

I'm still working on getting the stitch counts right on mine.
lau.gif

Quote:
Wild, you and I can do the solid squares to offset the multi colored ones, how about that for an idea Karan?

I'm still working on getting the stitch counts right on mine.
lau.gif

Now thats a good idea
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom