Crochet "Chat"

Yep, I know what you mean, me too. I have soo much cross stitch, crochet and fabric, it is unreal. I love crafting. wish i could stay home forever and do just that. lol:love

Quote:
Ditto
ya.gif

greenfamilyfarms~ Your lilac v-stitch baby blanket turned out so lovely! I love it!!!!
love.gif
I might have to get that pattern from you sometime in the future. Oh yea...I forgot to send you Jen's head hugger beanie cap pattern. I found it so much easier to follow than any patterns that I have in books at home. I promise to dig it up and send it to you soon.

Betty~ I might have to start making a scrappy blanket so I can use that excuse to get new yarn. Hehe!!!
cool.png
I have to find a way to get my stash somewhere safe in the basement soon before company comes. Darn it...missed my chance earlier today when DH was @ work.
big_smile.png
Can't wait to see the yarn you get to make the baby blanket.
smile.png

bumblebee~
clap.gif
Yipppeeeee!!!!!! New yarn!!!
wee.gif

OK...back to cleaning! I feel like Cinderella!
tongue.png

Hi everybody! I am jealous of everyone who has a great yarn stash. Mine is dwindling but I did find some "scraps" and I decided to make a baby headband with a bow.
80295_dsc02051.jpg

It was so easy to make (less than an hour) and used so little yarn. I don't know why I made it; I don't have a baby and I don't know anyone who has a baby girl but it seemed like fun to make.

I loved that baby blanket on the previous page, too!

Quote:
Hi Chickster~
frow.gif
Thanks for dropping by the crochet chat thread! That baby head band is just precious!!!! I feel the same way when I see cute little baby crocheted items. It makes me want to make some just b/c they are so cute and my baby is 18 yrs old.
lau.gif
Post some pics of your projects b/c we are all project picture junkies and love, love, love to look at them.
tongue.png
Thanks for sharing!!!!
smile.png

Thanks for the welcome! Here are a couple more of my old projects. I used to like this type of crocheting when I had tons of spare time.
Apparently I did this one in 2007. Forgot to add that I had a pattern for this where you could crochet in any year you wanted to, even initials or words. I did one that said "Mom and Dad" but I don't know where that one went.
80295_dsc02055.jpg

And a rose.
80295_dsc02056.jpg

Right now I am trying to learn how to knit socks so I may only crochet intermittently
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I love doing the small thread too. I do snow flakes and angels for christmas. I have also done bells and small green trees. I have done some small table runners too. It just seems you can make anything. I am so glad I come to this site, it has made me think about doing more crocheting. Thanks all.
hugs.gif
woot.gif
clap.gif

Chickster~ OMG!!!!
jumpy.gif
Your small thread work is exquisite!!!! That is so pretty! I love it! I have never tried it, but have some that my grandmother made. Hopefully one day I'll have time to give it a try. I'm not sure if I have the patience to sit still long enough to learn it.
tongue.png
I haven't learned how to knit yet, but I did pick up a pattern to crochet socks, but haven't tried it yet. Oh so many projects and never enough time.

Bumblebee~ You should post some pic. I've love this part of the site too and so glad I stumbled upon it years ago. It really inspired me to start crocheting again as well.
smile.png

Thanks, Smitty. The things that I do when I have nothing else to do! My patience back then was a lot more than it is now - so I could finish those small crochet projects in just a few days.

bumblebee, could you post some pics of your small thread crocheted items? It would be cool to see some more of it...I have some stuff that belonged to an elderly woman my mother used to work for. There was also some tatted lace and handkerchiefs.

Oh my gosh, I love that thread crochet! I have a ton of thread I bought years ago with lining material so I could make some blouses but then got busy so it's still sitting in a box. Still plan to make those blouses some day!
tongue.png

BumbleBee I also would love to see your projects! Maybe you all can give me some tips on thread crochet. I haven't dome much of it. Certainly nothing as involved as you have there ChicksterJo. BTW, "HI". Nice to see you on this thread. Welcome. Oh, I almost forgot, can I get that pattern for the headband or a link? I have 4 granddaughters!
caf.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom