Crochet "Chat"

Hey everybody~
caf.gif

What's everybody's weekend plans?
bun.gif

Chickster~ You are so welcome!
welcome-byc.gif
So glad you found us! I think when my daughter starts college next year I might have a wee bit of extra time to do some things I don't have time to try now. I agree w/ Sunny that it would be wonderful for you and bumble to give us all some tips. I have the tiny hooks. I was so sad last year to discover I had lost my grandma's tiny hook that after looking and looking I ran out and bought them in all sizes to make me feel better.
big_smile.png

I bet greenfamilyfarms would love the pattern of that cute girly head band as well since she is expecting a girl.

I'll see if I can find my stash of small thread items my grandma made.

greenfamilyfarms~ Thanks for the link to the adorable slippers. I am so going to print it out and try it sometime. They are soooo cute!!!! I want to make some for myself.
tongue.png
Looks like a great gift to whip up for my one of my best friend's daughter that has has chickens. I made her a chicken head hugger beanie last year for X-mas.
thumbsup.gif

Sunny~ How old are your granddaughters? Those head bands would be so precious on a little girl. I use to love to put bowed head bands on my DD when she was younger.
smile.png

Happy Saturday everyone!!!!!
fl.gif

My DH's uncle flew in from New York this morning to visit us for a while so we are going bumming w/ him for the day. Check in w/ ya later!
wink.png

Smitty's Farm :

...Chickster~ You are so welcome!
welcome-byc.gif
So glad you found us! I think when my daughter starts college next year I might have a wee bit of extra time to do some things I don't have time to try now. I agree w/ Sunny that it would be wonderful for you and bumble to give us all some tips. I have the tiny hooks. I was so sad last year to discover I had lost my grandma's tiny hook that after looking and looking I ran out and bought them in all sizes to make me feel better.
big_smile.png

I bet greenfamilyfarms would love the pattern of that cute girly head band as well since she is expecting a girl.

I'll see if I can find my stash of small thread items my grandma made.

greenfamilyfarms~ Thanks for the link to the adorable slippers. I am so going to print it out and try it sometime. They are soooo cute!!!! I want to make some for myself.
tongue.png
Looks like a great gift to whip up for my one of my best friend's daughter that has has chickens. I made her a chicken head hugger beanie last year for X-mas.
thumbsup.gif

Sunny~ How old are your granddaughters? Those head bands would be so precious on a little girl. I use to love to put bowed head bands on my DD when she was younger.
smile.png

Happy Saturday everyone!!!!!
fl.gif

Well this November they will be 5, 4, 3 and 18 months. The soon to be 4 year old is a total tomboy so I doubt she would wear one but the other's would love them! I've got to make those little slippers for my oldest granddaughter! She is gaga for the chickens and especially loves it when I have chicks for her to hold! Here's a pic of her with six of them sleeping under her hair and chin!

41069_leyla_w_chickies.jpg

Sunny~ Awwww!!!! What a precious pic! Your granddaughter is adorable and the pooped out peeps asleep on her is priceless. What sweet ages all your granddaughters are.

greenfamilyfarms~ I love your scarf! Great color combo! I had allergy/cold gunk recently and just now feeling better.
sickbyc.gif
Not fun! I hope you feel better soon.

What a darling picture. Who is the most comfortable, your granddaughter or the chicks? I love that scarf.

Trickster, I bought 6 parakeets off you several months ago. They are doing well and seem to be happy.

Alright ladies that are in the fall swap. Here are the second set of blocks. Only 15 showing because I showed 17 in the first one. I will be labeling bags and getting them ready to mail soon. I'll wait until we get back from Masonic Grand Lodge in San Francisco to do this. Too busy until we leave on Thursday.

30439_grannysquares2.jpg

The one on the shoulder closest to the camera is so tuckered out
love.gif

Okay, I finished most of one slipper but I think I must have been off because the top part does not look symmetrical lol. I do not really like crocheting in the round with dark yarn.

For the small thread crochet I put numbers on the pattern where the lines are to tell me which row it is. Then I put a check mark next to the number when I am finished. I like to also put an arrow on the lower right hand corner to remind me which way I am going. At least that is how I remember where I am
smile.png

baustin, I remember
big_smile.png
I'm glad the budgies are doing well. We sold all of our stock and only have lovebirds left. Those squares look great. I have an "aunt" who loves crocheting those squares and making big blankets.

Last edited:
I'm getting some of your chickens I think. My friend Mary is getting some off you and I'm taking some of them. Have you moved yet or still in the process of moving?

Back
Top Bottom