Crochet "Chat"

I made 2 beanies over the holiday!!
wee.gif

I am quite pleased with myself!!
I might add I also taught my SIL to make one, which she promptly did! As soon as I can catch my son, or pry my daughter out of a book...I'll post a pic....In fact, never mind...no need to 'torture' them with a camera (this is my son's opionion...lol) I'll just take a pic.
I am proud of myself!

Ok...sorry, got a little sidetracked. Here are the beanies.
Purple is for my daughter, the multi is for my son.
I think I'm going to add a little more to hers.

5925_photo1.jpg

I use
"the art of crochet by teresa"...she has video's on youtube. They are EXTREMELY helpful to me a novice!
tongue.png

Just finished up spinning and knitting a bag that will be fulled (felted) tomorrow and decided to work on yet another pair of booties for my soon-to-be grand-daughter/son (DD wants to be surprised on the birthing day!)

I took pictures of the roving and a bobbin of the yarn. Forgot to get pictures of the plied yarn though!

I'm hoping for a sunny day tomorrow so I can get get colors from the pictures. These dag gummed new light bulbs cast too much of a yellow light!

Great job Jen4 that looks way better than my dishcloths I just double crochet, no pattern I like your pattern though

Parson'swife very nice beanies I made a couple last year but the pattern seemed short, I like hats the cover the ears. I'll have to have a go at them again.

Still working on my SS 6 more days and then in the mail it goes!

big_smile.png
My SS is going out today....hubbys dropping it off on his lunch break at the Post Office....so heads up to.......................................

lol.png

KARANLEAF!!!! SS IS ON ITS WAY TO YOU!!!

caf.gif
Morning Guys...

Getting kids up for school
barnie.gif

I'm going to be working on 2 more things for my ss today and this weekend, I'll put the box in the mail on Monday or Tuesday
thumbsup.gif

Thanks Purr... its just the tunisian afghan stitch with a dc boarder, The afghan stitch I had to look up on you tube, could never understand the pattern. This is the lady I love to watch and she were I've learned most of my stuff from tjw1963. When your making your beanies just keep adding until you get it the length you want it
big_smile.png

QS - Cute post

I could use some advice. I tried to make this afgan before and flopped. Its from crochet-world the feb 2009 issue. The sweetheart ripple afgan. I would really like to make it for my daughter. I kinda can ripple now but i still can't get the special stitch. Its called the front post treble crochet-single crochet(fptr-sc). I gonna do some practice runs with yarn i have, maybe do a scarf or something. Has any one done this?

One more question how can you find out if you can sell a finshed product form someone's patterns? I emailed lionbrand yarn and you can do anything you want with their stuff expect sell the patterns. So how do you find out with designers in mags and books?

Thanks!

Editied to ask. How can i get the cool smilies you guys have?

Last edited:
Yall are not going to believe this, I was sitting near my window working away on my eggs when I heard a chicken holler. I looked out and all the other chickens seemed to be fine so I figured it was just someone getting picked on so I went back to work. A few mins. later I hear several chickens holler so I look out again and there is a fox RIGHT in the MIDDLE of all my chickens looking around trying to decide which one he wanted! I threw open the window and screamed at him to get away cuz I couldn't remember what my DH had done with the gun. He was only a little scared and kind of ran off but not far. I ran outside to the spare car that does not run and grabbed the shot gun. (Remembered DH had put it there just incase he was outside and saw a fox or other chicken eating critter) It was so cold I could not get the darn thing to fire! After 3 tries it finally went fired and the fox ran off. I was so upset that I missed him I almost cried.
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
When I turned around all the chickens were huddled behind me. I shewed them back into the hen house and for the first time no one gave me any lip (or beak) about it and they all went in real fast.
I couldn't stop looking out the window after that even with all my chickens safely in their house.

Last edited:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT MY SS BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KGEE i 100% LOVE everything in it!!!!!
it was sooooooooo heavy lol! my favorite is the Castle!!
i will post pics as soon as my batteries charge but this is what i got, a castle,market bag,crochet hooks,hook case,apron,snowflakes(which are already on my tree!),dishcloths,keychain,headbands,binder full of patterns,pattern a day calender,ummmm canned foods,yarn needles,a queens purse with treasure inside( you didnt have to do that) but i LOVE it!,bookmarks,dip mix lol im sure i forgot something!!
THANKS AGAIN KGEE I LOVE IT!!!

Back
Top Bottom