Crossroads of America Poultry Show: APA/ABA Joint National 2011

• I will be attending as a spectator.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will be attending as an exhibitor.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I will not be able to attend.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have to tell you the main reason I go to a show anywhere is to see old friends and make new ones. It is a great way to learn new information because most of the poultry breeders and judges that I have met over the years are more than willing to share their knowledge. We all started somewhere.
Just go and have fun, and if you win anything, it's icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
That's really the reason I go, but I do like my birds to get a ribbon, as well.

Where can we learn more about conditioning the birds? I pretty much make sure they eat very well, with regular protein treats and other food, and are groomed well. What else is there?

I'm not sure I know enough or have birds worthy of being shown but will be looking to buy there - would like to make contacts before then as it's going to be very busy that week and i need to know what to plan to bring for carriers. :-D

Not sure I'll find everything but will be looking for -
black australorp rooster/cockerel
buckeye pair
light sussex trio
red sussex pair/trio
Dominique cockerel
Rhode Island cockerel
Delaware trio +
dark cornish trio
red laced white cornish trio

Ancona duck pair/trio
Cayuga pair/trio

Turkey - Royal Palm, Bourbon Red, Narragansett

I have been planning on showing at Crossroads since it was announced. I hatched twice as many Columbian Cochin chicks as last year hoping to have some show worthy. May also bring some good Black Cochins if they recover completely from molting. I agree that the people are half the reason to go. I remember the how load it was at the last Crossroads so am also packing ear plugs. I know it would also be a good place to sell my extra breeders and such but don't know if I want to care for many more than I plan to show.

Can anyone tell me what the best hotels would be?
There is a few of us that want to go and we would like to go as a group.
So any and all if would be great! Thanks!

Quote:
We may have some Narragansett available but won't know until at least early October.

Youngsters or older birds or ??? Am interested in more info! :)

Quote:
We may have some Narragansett available but won't know until at least early October.

Youngsters or older birds or ??? Am interested in more info! :)

Our poults were hatched in May 2011.

As far as motels, check the show website for the host hotel and additional hotels available.

Just spoke with Joyce Wulff of the Poultry Press. Her son, Dave Wulff, is the show superintendent for the Crossroads Joint National. I asked her about claims that the show is in financial hardship. Joyce assured me that the show is fine and that they will have the show if they have 2 entries or 15,000 entries. We are actually taking a van load of BYC members from Arkansas! Should be a lot of fun! As far as Crossroads being cancelled, Joyce said IT WILL NOT be cancelled. Period. So get your room reservations in asap and make your plans to attend the best poultry show this centry!

ETA: The host hotel, Marriot, will allow you to cancel your reservation 24 hours prior to the reservation.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom