Crossroads of America Poultry Show: APA/ABA Joint National 2011

• I will be attending as a spectator.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will be attending as an exhibitor.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I will not be able to attend.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Walt is correct, but there are secondary host hotels taht also will allow you to cancel 24 hors prior to checkin. (Why you would cancel is beyond me).

Crossroads list one secondary hotel at http://web.mac.com/rbennett57/Crossroads_of_America/Hotel_Information.html

The
Poultry Press lists:

Marriott TownePlace Suites
1-317-255-3700

Last I heard it is filling up fast. If the host hotel is booked full and a second hotel is almost booked full....this is going to be one fun show! If you are not there, you may be the only one that stayed home!

If this hotel is booked full, I would suggest calling the Wulffs at 1-765-825-0621 and asking if they have added any more secondary host hotels. Keep in mind the American Rabbit Breeders Association is also having their national meet on the same fairgrounds as the Crossroads poultry show.

I called one hotel that referenced another convention too that weekend. I put in reservations for our room a few weeks ago (as rabbit show exhibitors) but since it's convenient we're aiming for a show/buying trip/upgrade for both species. And I know I'm not the only one that is thinking that....nor the only one who will be attending a "real show" (beyond county fairs/state fair) for the first time...so hope those exhibiting pack patience.

Also traffic in the area is notoriously horrid with volume and construction...leave time to get to the fairgrounds. Safe and productive show/travels for all!

I would love to find a young pair of Fawn Flemish Giant rabbits! Or at least a pair of Whites.

ETA: Just don't tell my wife! PLEASE!!!!
fl.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm hearing that from rabbit folks eyeing poultry too.
lol.png
There will be quite a few - I can see what I can find. Also be aware (others/in general) rabbits entered in the show must stay until the end of the show (which runs longer than the poultry show). But there are many who can bring animals not entered without that restriction.

ETA: I could maybe find some and trade for birds. :-D

Last edited:
They still have rooms at the 3rd host hotel, Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites, 1-888-627-7814. I just made my reservations (Thurs. 10/27 - Sun. 10/30), and it's $89.00 a night. Just tell them you are with Crossroads Poultry to get the special rate.
smile.png

Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites
8787 Keystone Crossing
Indianapolis, IN 46240

I'm getting excited! This will be my first time going to Nationals!
wee.gif

So glad I found this thread! Planning on going to the show and after reading this called the girl we r going with about booking a room ASAP! Geez!

My son is taking a couple of his chickens and maybe his runner ducks but mostly we r going to watch and learn. If anyone is planning on going and has OEGB, bantam cochins, or silkies of good quality I would love to purchase some for my son. Have had no luck finding decent birds in our area. Sad really...

Hope I get to meet some of you all at Crossroads!!

Quote:
That's where we are staying also. Th.is will be my first nationals. I am very excited

We're staying there, too. Got my reservation a couple months ago. Can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom