"Crowing" hens? Weird sinuses?

We didn;t get any paper. The vet didn't know what disease it was, he only knew that it had to do something with virus as kidneys (i think) were swollen. I noticed that the laying one makes a gurgling sound sometimes.
That sounds like a very inaccurate necropsy (or maybe just a vague recollection and conveyance of it) as any number of things can cause kidney issues... including excess calcium or protein. Some things are even genetic.

Gurgling sound.. fluid build up in the lungs.. *possibly*.. is one effect of kidney failure.. ultimately leading to what's called congestive heart failure. Would be indicated by age, feed, and other symptoms..

But the poultry site link I provided shows kidney damage being a symptom of SOOOO many things depending on exactly what type of damage is seen under the microscope ( a key to pathology for necropsy IMO).. so take your time and read through them see what most fits..

How many birds have ya got total? Did the vet make any recommendations for future additions, vaccines, or anything like that? What is the age we are talking about them passing here?

I got 19 birds now, 2 older ones and the rest are less than one year old. Vet told us why it could have disease and advised us to buy chickens from a good source (as turned out my leghotn is from farm he recommended). I don't really remember everything he said during the necropsy (i wasn't there all the time) but they;ve got roundworms too. He told us we can't do much but he'll try to get us something and few days later he brought us this powder.
I can add that it was pretty fast necropsy as we"begged" him to visit us that day (their office is in the near village, like 3 minutes from us)cuz he was about to drive to a big farm. It wasn't done in laboratory.

They have roundworms too?
Can you get a de-wormer like Flubendazole to treat them?
Fenbendazole or Albendazole are a couple of other de-wormers you can use.
I don't know what you have available or can get in your location, but getting rid of the worms is a good idea.

I can add that i don't think my coop has a good ventilation. There isn't special hole for ventilation, but the doors aren't completely sealed. There is a a 1-cm gap. Grandpa is afraid of a fox getting into the coop by ventilation.

They have roundworms too?
Can you get a de-wormer like Flubendazole to treat them?
Fenbendazole or Albendazole are a couple of other de-wormers you can use.
I don't know what you have available or can get in your location, but getting rid of the worms is a good idea.
I'll search for some things like that but i doubt i'll find suitable ones for me. Know any natural wormers?

I'll search for some things like that but i doubt i'll find suitable ones for me. Know any natural wormers?
Sadly, natural wormers don't work.
Here in the US a lot of people find de-wormer in the goat or equine section of their feed or supply store. See what names you can find, then let us know, we'll help you figure out if it's what you need or not. (if you happen to see a product in the store, snap a photo of the product that will help a lot)

Sadly, natural wormers don't work.
Here in the US a lot of people find de-wormer in the goat or equine section of their feed or supply store. See what names you can find, then let us know, we'll help you figure out if it's what you need or not. (if you happen to see a product in the store, snap a photo of the product that will help a lot)
Exactly what i was thinking about natural ones. I hope for finding one. I'll post a name and/or picture when i find something.

One of these hens has a little bit of foam in the corners of her eyes :( That what i was afraid of. Idk if there is some nasal discharge cuz there was some dirt sticked near her nostrils. Sticked with some transparent, thing (not a lot but there was some).....

Are there any things for humans that i can give her to increase her chances to survive (i've got aspirin, but idk if it can be given to chicken with respiratory disease)...

Back
Top Bottom