DASH UPDATE!!! Bumblefoot being cured by Baytril

MichelleKing

Songster
Aug 25, 2018
Ohio
Original ---> https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...roken-foot-vet-has-the-answer-part-2.1286738/

Posting this here for reference in case anyone is searching for treatment of bumblefoot. Long story short Dash, my quail, had bumblefoot. She didnt have the normal big black spot and there was no open wound, but the vet did an xray and her foot was definitely not broken. It was infected.

Fast forward to Baytril - 1.5 quart stock solution, used as drinking water for 10-14 days. We are on day 5. Look at this IMPROVEMENT!!!!! I am so excited and happy. Worth every penny spent, she is a special quail.

And to top it off, this fancy gorgeous lady is STILL laying her eggs! What a champ! (I'm not eating them but still, she's awesome).

upload_2019-1-11_6-30-58.png

upload_2019-1-11_6-31-26.png

Michelle,

It looks like your girl is on her way to recovery. Best wishes for a speedy one. You must be so relieved and Dash must feel much better!

I am SO relieved!!! I was sick about it! Dash is getting back to her normal adorable self.
She’s bearing weight and walking pretty normally. Looks great!

Original ---> https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...roken-foot-vet-has-the-answer-part-2.1286738/

Posting this here for reference in case anyone is searching for treatment of bumblefoot. Long story short Dash, my quail, had bumblefoot. She didnt have the normal big black spot and there was no open wound, but the vet did an xray and her foot was definitely not broken. It was infected.

Fast forward to Baytril - 1.5 quart stock solution, used as drinking water for 10-14 days. We are on day 5. Look at this IMPROVEMENT!!!!! I am so excited and happy. Worth every penny spent, she is a special quail.

And to top it off, this fancy gorgeous lady is STILL laying her eggs! What a champ! (I'm not eating them but still, she's awesome).

View attachment 1639115

View attachment 1639116
:woot:woot:woot:goodpost:

I tried Tricide Neo and it did work but what a pain to soak the feet for a week. It did draw the plug up so I could get it all out. I still have several chickens and ducks with bumblefoot. I just cannot treat this many by soaking them. I was wondering, has anyone tried Smile's PRID Homeopathic Drawing Salve for bumblefoot? Thought it may work but putting it on and wrapping the foot to try to draw up the plug.

I tried Tricide Neo and it did work but what a pain to soak the feet for a week. It did draw the plug up so I could get it all out. I still have several chickens and ducks with bumblefoot. I just cannot treat this many by soaking them. I was wondering, has anyone tried Smile's PRID Homeopathic Drawing Salve for bumblefoot? Thought it may work but putting it on and wrapping the foot to try to draw up the plug.

I’m a pharmacist by profession and I
Never recommend homeopathic products for humans, I don’t think it will
Work for your chickens and ducks. I think you should try to obtain Baytril
And treat the drinking water.

More Importantly Though- why all the animals
Sigh infected
Feet?

Thanks for updating Michelle! Great progress on the infection! I have a question for the experts on this one, will the infection not still have to be physically taken out of the foot? Where does the pus go when treated solely with an antibiotic? And sorry Michelle for asking this on your thread, but maybe if someone can answer it may be useful to us all in the future!

Hi I’m in the UK and having the same problem with one of my girls? Where can I purchase what you have used please? Thank you

Back
Top Bottom