Pics
This thread is a bit long, but if you find the posts by Nurture Right user (a rep for them) there is a post about resetting the turning. I think you have to do a full reset since it counts down instead of up and automatically turns off the turning with 3 days to go.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/nurture-right-360-incubator-okay.1221033/
Yeah, I know about that, tried it didn't work because the motor went out. Thanks for posting this though, might help someone else.

Also, the egg development wasn't as good as if they had been set in an upright turner....I'm thinking the eggs kept rolling to the same position when it did turn?
I found the laying down turners(Incuview here) to not turn as well as the uprights either....yolk seems to stay at one side when viewed during candling, had great hatches tho so<shrugs>

I found the laying down turners(Incuview here) to not turn as well as the uprights either....yolk seems to stay at one side when viewed during candling, had great hatches tho so<shrugs>
Yep, that was my experince/findings. Only had a few hatch but it was the first eggs of the season. I waited a week after my pheasants where laying to start collecting them, so I thought they should have been fertile but most of them were not. The next week, and I was getting 95% fertility and got 90% hatch on that batch. I still want to test this theory out, this coming season.

Anything further on Wiggles?
I am going to candle Wiggles when I take this chick (Pipsy) possible name lol, out of the incubator. I will let you all know what I see and try to get a pic for you if there is anything to see! @Matieus27 the baby is doing fine, chirping away and trying to figure out how to use it’s legs! haha, starting to fluff up now too :)

Back
Top Bottom