Day 21 need advice for the future lock down!

won023

Songster
7 Years
Jan 31, 2017
England
I'm on day 21 incubating Bali ducks, almost reaching lockdown! I'm just wondering if there is advice which can be given to newbies like me this is my 2nd proper batch of incubating ducks and my previous hatch rates have been quite bad... when it reaches day 25 for lock down should I turn the temp up or down? I'm at 37.5 degrees And how should I maintain the humidity? Is there anything else I can do for a better hatch rate?

I keep the temp near 100 for the entire hatch. I keep the humidity at 70 during lockdown. Add a little water at a time to build the humidity to 70%.
Thankyou and normally I am at 99.5 through out if I increase the temp too 100 would it affect the eggs?

What humidity were you at?...no need to lower temp...not sure what your doing?....Hard to answer
I'm at 99.5 degrees I'm just not sure if I'm meant to just increase the humidity or if there's other things u can do to help the ducklings survive... as many of my previous duckings died after pipping...

I'm at 99.5 degrees I'm just not sure if I'm meant to just increase the humidity or if there's other things u can do to help the ducklings survive... as many of my previous duckings died after pipping...
Yes it's a forced air with fan I have the janoel 12 just a small incubator

I'd keep doing what you're doing, it sounds fine. Just keep the humidity up.

Back
Top Bottom