Day 21 on private swap eggs (Sad Update)

marie_martin

Songster
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Grenada, MS
I have 4 white silkies and 1 d'uccle in the hatcher on day 18. Started out with more eggs but hope the rest will hatch for me. The eggs are from sherriekim and she did a great job packing them so I am sure it was the P.O. or my incubation skills. Will keep you posted.

Marie

Last edited:
Thanks, they are on day 20 today. No pips yet, that I can see. I have them in the egg carton. Will keep you posted. My quail eggs are on day 12 and I have some serama, faverolles and cochins on day 10. So lots of hatching coming up I hope.

Marie

Sad News. I guess this was just not my week. I lost my job and now all but one of these eggs are lost. I have one d'uccle left. The others either did not hatch, fully formed, or died after. Beautiful white silkies too. Nice looking feet. Looked like they would have been very nice. I am just so sad right now I can'f find a reason to be excited even though I have more eggs in the bators and under broodies. My broodies keep swapping nests and stuff, so they will do good to hatch. What a week this has been. Sorry for the pity party.

Marie

I'm so sorry the hatch didn't go well, just get right back in there and try again......Not easy losing a job, so hope something comes along in the regard..chin up!...

Last edited:
Sorry about your job.I can definately relate to that as last May I lost a high paying job because of politics in my company and the job I've had since then is closer home but a whole lot less pay and I didn't know how we were going to survive but God has provided and we have managed to make it with his help.He can and will do the same for you if you just trust Him.

Oh, no. I'm sorry about your hatch, but even more sorry about your job loss. I hope things pick up for you soon!
hugs.gif

So very sorry to hear about your terrible week, here's sending you a cyber hug
hugs.gif

I hope the loss of your job opens the door to something even better to come your way.

Back
Top Bottom