Day 24

Melissadarling

Chirping
May 16, 2023
Hello. This is day 24. I have 7 eggs. 1 pipped. The other 6 were moving yesterday. Today nothing. Temp 37.8 humidity 71. Worried the others died. :(

Hello. This is day 24. I have 7 eggs. 1 pipped. The other 6 were moving yesterday. Today nothing. Temp 37.8 humidity 71. Worried the others died. :(
I can't find it indicated anywhere, are we talking about chicken eggs? Is your bator circulated or still air? How are temp/humidity verified, built in gauges or calibrated equipment? Are they eggs from your own flock? What bator, are vents open?

Sometimes.. not moving is a sign of sleeping/resting.

How long since the 1 pipped?

:fl :jumpy:jumpy

I can't find it indicated anywhere, are we talking about chicken eggs? Is your bator circulated or still air? How are temp/humidity verified, built in gauges or calibrated equipment? Are they eggs from your own flock? What bator, are vents open?

I candled and can only see the open part at the top. I did the water test and they were wiggling yesterday.

It pipped on the 21st

The incubator. 4 hatched out of 12. They were due on the 23rd. Last two hatched yesterday. Glad I didn't give up.
You should get a separate thermometer to verify the temperature. You an calibrate it in a glass of salted ice. I had the same thing happen with my incubator and decided to 'help' the eggs hatch when they were way overdue. Lost all the babies, and later found out the temperature was too low even though the display said it was bang on.

Back
Top Bottom