Developing my own breeds of gamefowl and bantam

85FE19AB-9BE3-459D-9441-5F717A935F0F.jpeg
146FF380-A543-46A6-B702-8881031A96EF.jpeg
7ED20B81-9E30-42F4-B192-831F98973A4E.jpeg
Got some pictures of some pictures of them they are good structured good quality. Theres a lot of partridge hens, 3 brown reds, a spangled, and a Wheaton hen, most came out blue or green legged they are with Lanky's son and some other hens and the silver hen is the Bruges x American pullet as you can see she has topped them significantly. Unfortunately the spangle hen didn't come back this morning but she might be back tonight.

View attachment 3700065View attachment 3700066View attachment 3700067Got some pictures of some pictures of them they are good structured good quality. Theres a lot of partridge hens, 3 brown reds, a spangled, and a Wheaton hen, most came out blue or green legged they are with Lanky's son and some other hens and the silver hen is the Bruges x American pullet as you can see she has topped them significantly. Unfortunately the spangle hen didn't come back this morning but she might be back tonight.
Well, happy breeding.🫡

1549327D-D6AD-48D6-951F-113121805EF4.jpeg

The Bruges cross stag is doing amazing he is staying around 4 - 4.5lbs I’m sure he’ll get bigger than that. Now I’m starting to get some ideas for them all and I think I’m going to have him pinned with a couple of brown red American game hens in hopes they will come out bigger than American games but dark like the Bruges and brown reds. I’m not sure what you’d call his color I don’t think he is a birchen like his father so I guess he is more like a golden duck-wing.

View attachment 3707316
The Bruges cross stag is doing amazing he is staying around 4 - 4.5lbs I’m sure he’ll get bigger than that. Now I’m starting to get some ideas for them all and I think I’m going to have him pinned with a couple of brown red American game hens in hopes they will come out bigger than American games but dark like the Bruges and brown reds. I’m not sure what you’d call his color I don’t think he is a birchen like his father so I guess he is more like a golden duck-wing.
He's a nice one fr👌🏿

the 1/2 AGF 1/4 RJF 1/4 OEGB stag got killed which I’m not to sad about it but I had a friend who wanted to buy him so I thought I would go over to the
Jungle fowl/ Phoenix breeder and get a cross rooster for him and some Phoenix hens for myself. So I did and got a cross stag and 3 hens. Then the guy ended up giving me a jungle fowl rooster and 2 of what I take to be pure jungle fowl hens. He thought they might have been cross. I also saw the adult phoenix cross rooster he had to have been 4-5 pounds. So lanky’s son is going to be turned out to free range and the jungle fowl will take his place
BC12D607-BA4E-4ACB-B648-57A1CBA1B1BA.jpeg
CF26CE4E-E33C-40EF-97F1-51ADA9BA6077.jpeg

congratulations on the new additions to the flock. I’m trying to learn about red jungle fowl. Don’t the hens normally have a different color than those?
Something like this…

IMG_0576.png

congratulations on the new additions to the flock. I’m trying to learn about red jungle fowl. Don’t the hens normally have a different color than those?
Something like this…

View attachment 3709751
Thanks. Yes that is what they look like the hens in the picture are silver Phoenix hens. And I’m also trying to breed my jungle fowl and hybrids to look more like that.

I am starting to think that one of the partridge hens may me a phoenix/jungle fowl cross because it’s a fair amount bigger then the other hens

Back
Top Bottom