Deworming?

Thank you. I will get the liquid. I live in North Carolina and we have had a lot of hot humid rain and since the weather is now called I thought it would be wise to D worm. I have one I say who is slightly underweight and has had a few egg laying issues. I’ve done everything for them but this
If you can afford it I suggest you get the Valbazen because it's more effective, less expensive and easier to use. And what I mean by easier to use is that it's said to be more effective when given for one day than Safeguard. Safeguard is very effective when given five days in a row, but that is a pain in the neck for most people.

FWIW, I have both Safeguard and Valbazen and rarely use the Safeguard. Valbazen dose is 0.08 ml per pound once orally, repeat in 10 days. The Safeguard dose is 0.23 ml per pound orally for *five* consecutive days.

FWIW, I have both Safeguard and Valbazen and rarely use the Safeguard. Valbazen dose is 0.08 ml per pound once orally, repeat in 10 days. The Safeguard dose is 0.23 ml per pound orally for *five* consecutive days.
Thank you so much for your advice. For now all I could get was the safeguard. I can order the valbazen online

Thank you so much for your advice. For now all I could get was the safeguard. I can order the valbazen online
Your question asks about prevention, not cure. None of the products mentioned will prevent worms. If your chickens have worms, or you beleive for some reason they have worms then the above products are fine I guess. I use Flubenvet and dose the chicken that has the worms.
To the best of my knowledge there are no means of preventing worms.

Your question asks about prevention, not cure. None of the products mentioned will prevent worms. If your chickens have worms, or you beleive for some reason they have worms then the above products are fine I guess. I use Flubenvet and dose the chicken that has the worms.
To the best of my knowledge there are no means of preventing worms.
I guess I should have specified that I am looking for what I need to worm with because of the area that I live in. Most people in the areas where we get hot humid rain wood deworm twice a year. With that in mind and the chicken that I have that is somewhat under weight I thought it would be smart to do a D worm in the fall. It prevent a bigger problem should anyone have them, from getting worse.

I guess I should have specified that I am looking for what I need to worm with because of the area that I live in. Most people in the areas where we get hot humid rain wood deworm twice a year. With that in mind and the chicken that I have that is somewhat under weight I thought it would be smart to do a D worm in the fall. It prevent a bigger problem should anyone have them, from getting worse.
It’s was just that you wrote preventive in capital letters so I’m trying to give the best advice for the question.:)
Lots of people do worm their chickens on a regular basis and autumn would be the time I would choose as well if I was going to worm a flock.:)

You got it right. It's been wet, hot and humid all spring and summer long especially with the hurricanes. I worm monthly. Consider worming once a quarter.
A lot of folks dont know the worms lifecycle and how easily they infect chickens.

Back
Top Bottom