Did my chick eggs die?

Well I didn't have that great of luck, mine didn't hatch, so I candled, no chicks were moving, I opened them up to see what was going on and the yolk had not been absorbed but chicks were dead...does this mean humidity was to high?

I had 8 that had made it to hatch day, well at least still moving at day 18 but I only ended up with 3 on the final hatching day. I did open some and had the same result they didn't absorbe the yoke all the way :-( I ended up with 2 girls and one boy I have 4 more to hopefully hatch 12/2 and 4 more 12/6 my biggest mistake I think was my humidity because when I did have to open the bater my area is so dry it was hard to keep the humidity in check and my water in my bater dried out daily. One other think with mine is I did have my temp at 99.5 and I do think more around 101-102 is better and have seen better movement in my current eggs to hatch. Thank you so much for every ones help and I wish you luck melissaba if you try again!!

The boy has the white spot on his head!

They are so sweet! Good luck with your next hatch. I'm half way through a hatch, 8 Barred Rocks. 4 have hatched and the other 4 are working on it (I set 12 eggs, 8 made it to lock down). :)

I will be honest I don't know what my breads are :/ I know I have about 5 different breads and I think my roster is something totally different. I saved him, if they didn't find a home they were going to cook him lol. And the girls I have we're picked up from a person who's roster had over mated them and they lost a lot of feathers and they wanted to find a better home for them. I have tried to look it up lol. But there are so many different breads. It would be nice to know what kinds I do have :D

I had 8 that had made it to hatch day, well at least still moving at day 18 but I only ended up with 3 on the final hatching day. I did open some and had the same result they didn't absorbe the yoke all the way :-( I ended up with 2 girls and one boy I have 4 more to hopefully hatch 12/2 and 4 more 12/6 my biggest mistake I think was my humidity because when I did have to open the bater my area is so dry it was hard to keep the humidity in check and my water in my bater dried out daily. One other think with mine is I did have my temp at 99.5 and I do think more around 101-102 is better and have seen better movement in my current eggs to hatch. Thank you so much for every ones help and I wish you luck melissaba if you try again!!
Thanks! I plan on trying again soon. I think next time I might crank the temp up a couple degrees maybe to around 101-102 and lower the humidity....??? Will post later about that so you will know how it goes.

Another thing I was curious about when I see a lot of late hatching posts if the time of year would even be a factor. I know that my eggs are in the bater but if the temps outside were cold when I gathered them maybe it delayed the process?? Just brain storming
I feel the time of the year has Nothing to do with hatching late---as long as the collected eggs did not freeze. I might collect eggs at 102 degree's or below freezing----If your incubator stays at the right temp---the eggs should hatch on time---Mine do and as some of you know---I usually hatch 50 to 100 per week.

Thanks! I plan on trying again soon. I think next time I might crank the temp up a couple degrees maybe to around 101-102 and lower the humidity....??? Will post later about that so you will know how it goes.
My first hatch was a bust (but that was due to a bad thermometer), secon hatch (armed with three thermometers...lol) I the dry incubation up to lockown an just kept an eye on my air cells an had an awesome hatch! i was very pleased and think I will stick to that method. Do you incubate in a still air?

My first hatch was a bust (but that was due to a bad thermometer), secon hatch (armed with three thermometers...lol) I the dry incubation up to lockown an just kept an eye on my air cells an had an awesome hatch! i was very pleased and think I will stick to that method. Do you incubate in a still air?
Yeah, I am going to try and do the dry incubation method...I printed it off here and have been reading and studying so I do everything to a tee....LOL

Back
Top Bottom