Dirt under hen house in the coop

Hillerlee

In the Brooder
Jun 15, 2022
Hey fellow chicken moms and dads, I have a few important questions I hope you can help with.
I have a 21/14 fully enclosed coop area with a hen house sitting about 1/2 ft off the ground with a ramp.
The ground outside the house is not graded and puddles are an issue - I have to change the flooring to grade it down
so the water flows out - what is the best way? Stones and dirt on top? Big job.
Next, I have a tarp on the top with is sloped slightly down, but the water just collects and I have to go out in
all the storms and push the tarp with a long broom handle. Wanted to put a real roof over the whole thing, costly.
Any suggestions? THANKS

Hey fellow chicken moms and dads, I have a few important questions I hope you can help with.
I have a 21/14 fully enclosed coop area with a hen house sitting about 1/2 ft off the ground with a ramp.
The ground outside the house is not graded and puddles are an issue - I have to change the flooring to grade it down
so the water flows out - what is the best way? Stones and dirt on top? Big job.
Next, I have a tarp on the top with is sloped slightly down, but the water just collects and I have to go out in
all the storms and push the tarp with a long broom handle. Wanted to put a real roof over the whole thing, costly.
Any suggestions? THANKS
Some photos will help us to visualize your setup and what you've got to work with. Please post some?

Back
Top Bottom