Dixie Chicks

We have friends that we were all doting over their lush green gardens. She was bragging about using "organic fertilizer". Knowing that she had no farm animals, just dogs, I assumed she bought cow or horse manure. I asked her & she said they have their septic pumped every fall and shoot it on top of the garden:sick. Pretty sure that is illegal. I can no longer bring myself to eat anything from there.

No dog poo here either and we have plenty. I'm sure it's alright, but no.
Sewer?!! No way! Like you said, meds, chemicals. .
Reagular composted humanure, even pet manure, in certain applications I guess would be alright. Like for fruit trees and bushes.

What do you feed your dogs if it smells worse than chicken poop? Ours are on a BARF diet and most of the stuff that comes out resembles hyena poop. Super dry and hard stuff, doesn't really smell.

I like chickens, so their smell doesn't bother me.

I do not like dogs, so their smell is nasty.

big_smile.png
see? Logical.

I like dogs.... I do NOT like dog poo.

I like cats.... I do NOT like cat poo

I think its the fact that they are not omnivores their diet will consist mostly of meat and the occasional Offal and carrion. then there is the parisitical load. Yah I know My Dog/cat has no parasites.... Regular worming and spraying.... yata yata.

But no matter how dilligent you are the tests only show the parasite Load. meaning how many and what types. X amount and you worm.... Y amount and we'll get it next time. They always have parasites. of some sort. even chickens have parasites....

I have no problem though with properly composted fecal matter. Of any kind. But extra time should be used with any fecal matter that has the potential of carryijng parasites that cross over to humans.

deb

Back
Top Bottom