Dixie Chicks

It's actually illegal to relocate raccoons in Ohio. Killing raccoons is legal even without a nuisance permit. I have no issues shooting them. Just had to educate myself, before I incriminate myself!

Set the have a heart traps nightly. One raccoon is too fat to fit in the large cage. Time to dig out the tent and have a camping party by the coop!

Last edited:
Good luck! Predation bites...literally :rolleyes:

My last two eggs from my bantam Ameraucana breeders that were masacred have hatched... But I really wasn't taking care of them... Never upped the humidity, never took out the rails...etc. etc.

So the first of the two fertile eggs hatched perfectly, the second was stuck for long enough that its toes were a bit wonky.... I taped them up and will take the tape off tomorrow and see how they look...

But good golly miss molly!

It is pretty clear that the toes must be environment and not genetic, but I would prefer the funky toe chick ends up being a very poorly colored girl... So I can sell her without any regret. :)

I do have pullets, and I retrieved a male that I had given away earlier this spring... So I will be back in business with the bantam Ameraucana in the spring, as long as nothing else gets into my coops. :he

Tomorrow I should have enough money to finally buy the hardware cloth..... The bantam coop will be boxed up.

Not sure what to do with my other coops......

The way the pond coop is built I just am not sure how to make it weasel proof without making it look SUPER ugly, and right now it looks good and is the first thing you see when driving up to the house. -sigh- I really want to make it 100% safe though, because it is the perfect place to put broody hens. :(

I also am not sure what to do with my big coop and shed... Since weasels hunt 24/7 and climb, I have no idea how I could afford enough hardware cloth to wrap the entire coop complex. :idunno

Alaskan can you describe your pond coop? I want to build something on/near my pond, but not sure what.

I have pictures of all of my coops... Underneath my avatar is a link, blue colored words that say "My Coop" click on that, and that will take you to my chicken coop complex. However, directly underneath the title are links to my other pages. The smaller coops page includes my pond coop.

We had massive POURING DOWN RAIN yesterday. :th. I took pics of the path back to the coop....path? Nah, it was more like a stream, or lake.

@perchie.girl my Russian Olives have turned red. It is a pretty plant, just so invasive.

You all have a great day:)

Last edited:
I have pictures of all of my coops... Underneath my avatar is a link, blue colored words that say "My Coop" click on that, and that will take you to my chicken coop complex. However, directly underneath the title are links to my other pages. The smaller coops page includes my pond coop.

Awesome. I peeked, but will look in more detail later. Thank you so much! Looks like good info

Holy crow outpost!!
My ducks would love that

x2
ya.gif

Holy crow outpost!!
My ducks would love that

They wouldn't love it for long.....next day----

But the chickens had a big time pretending to be ducks for a day.

They will get the chance this week too I'm sure. It is suppose to rain everyday today thru Friday.:th

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom