Dixie Chicks

Big and Rich are awesome! The whole gigging frogs with my ole bird dog, and we made awesome! John Rich is probably the more well known, but have you heard any of Big Kenny's solo songs? He's pretty good!

Horses and country music, two subjects I'm a bit lacking in when it comes to knowledge. I'll just post some sprouting pics instead.

After 12h soak:

12h soak + 24h in bin

12h soak + 48h in bin

So I've dug paths all over the farm today. 6" or 7" and another 4" to 6" expected tonight. Dug from the house to the garage, the garage to the back door of the house, from the house to the horse barn, and several small connector paths. Figure I'm not gonna make it out to work tomorrow so I'll probably get the snow blower out and clean the driveway. Cleaned the 30X30 run for the anconas and laying hens partially out. Got most of the snow cleaned off to the sides. The poor anconas couldn't even walk through it. At the same time the mandarin ducks were plowing through like tiny bulldozers! The calls just refused to leave the barn until I shoveled it.

Goodness! Be careful out there! We ran to coops, fed and water quickly, checked on everyone, gathered the frozen eggs and ran back. If the skin touches the air, it hurts. -5F (-20C) out there now. Not suppose to warm up much at all. They cancelled school, so little girl is home with me again
big_smile.png
. She is sleeping in today. DH is not. Work for him today. So, I'm off to make breakfast.

@chickwhispers , Your waterer idea is great! My only issue is that the coop is in the back (3 acres). We have no electricity ran back there other than a little light with extension cords. Maybe this year we can fix that issue.

So I've dug paths all over the farm today. 6" or 7" and another 4" to 6" expected tonight. Dug from the house to the garage, the garage to the back door of the house, from the house to the horse barn, and several small connector paths. Figure I'm not gonna make it out to work tomorrow so I'll probably get the snow blower out and clean the driveway. Cleaned the 30X30 run for the anconas and laying hens partially out. Got most of the snow cleaned off to the sides. The poor anconas couldn't even walk through it. At the same time the mandarin ducks were plowing through like tiny bulldozers! The calls just refused to leave the barn until I shoveled it.
Our ground is frozen, even before this last snow fall. I expect to be able to plow it by April if we are lucky.

@vehve I'm sorry to hear about your poor chook. I hope you are able to swing her back around. Are you getting sugar water in her or something along that lines. Those broody Mommas make us proud and I'm sure it's a tough loss for you and Karen. I hope she makes it.

Be safe out there winter drivers. We're in for the big chill tonight. Darn weather. Going out with a bang isn't it?

I hope it's going out....

A friend sent me a picture of her percheron Bud... she has two one is named Bud and one is named Joe. They wouldnt use the run in shed during a snow storm. So she brought them in and put them in their box stalls.

he has icicles hanging off his haunches...

they are in Kentucky.

deb
Awww, that is what Kiwi looked like last week after the blizzard that wasn't. She refused to let me open the back door with the wind whipping and just laid up next to the house. (Of course, I opened the door anyway, to no avail) We had to defrost her coat. I wrapped her in warm towels fresh out of the dryer and she walked around the kitchen with water dripping everywhere.

Horses and country music, two subjects I'm a bit lacking in when it comes to knowledge. I'll just post some sprouting pics instead.

After 12h soak:

12h soak + 24h in bin

12h soak + 48h in bin
Houston, we HAVE sprouts. I repeat, we HAVE sprouts!

Bog, part of chicken keeping, but it's still sad. She's getting honey water with vitamins. And she's been eating a bit today, but still pretty passive.

Tnt, we sure do. They've grown during the day too.

Back
Top Bottom