Dixie Chicks

Thanks!  We'll get it together.  One way or another.  Just thought it's ironic I put in my notice at work, getting ready to start the new job and BLAM!  Isn't that always the case.  I agree with the name play.  We also have a 1997 Ford F150- haven't put a dime in that thing & it runs still.  Not like a dream or anything, but runs.  Problem with it is the heat went out years ago.  With our wonderful invigorating temps, the no heat option is not an option.  The windshield freezes & fogs up so you can't see out.  We will manage though.  My brother said he is going to loan me their car until we get another one.  It all works out, right?! 

It will work out! Glad you got a loaner! :)
I won't tell Jim about the Ford, he's a Chevy man, lol... but gotta say those older cars last longer than newer ones... my 98 Voyager is my champ, he picks on me, but when he looked it over he agreed I didn't need a new car... If ya need an ear or anything, holler! :D

@Outpost JWBsorry about the car! I have a 1999 trailblazer with 240K on it and it still runs like a top! Hit a deer at 60+, hit a ditch after skidding on ice, been backed into a tree. Etc, but it runs great! I only did 1 of these accidents, Josh did the other 2.

@Beer can I'm dying over the chicken story! Mine thought they were going to die the first couple days but they've since adjusted.

@Amberjemgardens and plants and sprouts, can I just move in for a while where it's green this time of year?

I may or may not have just shelled out almost $200 for 3 english bantam orpingtons to be shipped the first week of march...

Last edited:
What is a black Australian chick?  I googled it and it pulled up every kind of black chicken there is.  Even a Ayam Cemani.  Maybe she meant Australorp???   See, immediately I know that I don't have that type of chicken, so I need it.  Or at least I need to see if I need it!:gig
Australorp, it means Austrailan for hybrid Black Orpington, that means large brown egg laying machine. They all look alike. My roo is a shiny Black bottle green. The girls all are fat fluffy flat black feathered. I am rehoming mine. I have so many eggs from the colorful expensive Orpingtons that I just do not have a needd for these any longer. Oh excuseee me. The girls usually give out lots of eggs but in this weather they are making me give them warm porridge and hot tea and maybe, just maybe, they might squeeze out an egg for me and more than likely I am not there to catch it mid air so by the time I get there to get it, it is frozen and cracked. I enjoy this site greatly. Thank you all.

Hi there, Everyone!
frow.gif

Been busy with work assignments. Wow! So many posts!

All girls in the coop are now laying, but the eggs are so tiny, graded as Small except for the Trader Joe's bird who on her first egg plopped out a Medium. Gave my neighbor a dozen eggs and they actually rattled in the carton like a mariachi.

Love older cars. I tend to keep vehicles at least 10 years. My ex would trade in like every two years for a new vehicle. He also chose vehicles that easily went out of tune. He's now poor and I'm rich(er); go figure. (living well is the best revenge....)

18 degrees and ice crystals falling. Not nice fluffy snow. Hot cocoa weather!

I've got more chickens in the house than in the coop
hu.gif
and two more chicks on the way via the upcoming Chick Days to keep my lone hatchling company.

Hope everybody's week is splendid. Mine is even busier than normal, but I'll try to keep up with y'all. Carry on, not carrion.

Made a mistake today, I think my chickens hate me now.
Reading on the NY thread how their chickens have been playing outside everyday all winter and 'they need fresh air'. Well we had a heat wave today, got up to 37.8F!, low yesterday was -10F. I have shoveled out part of their run a couple times and opened their pop door but they never seem interested in coming out of the coop. Snowblowed like crazy, widened the driveway, blew all the snow from in front of the garage, huge area, drove it down the bank between the garage and where we park by the house eliminating a huge area of 3' snow drift. Blew a huge area where the dwindling wood pile is, all in preparation for hopefully getting another tri-axle load of fire wood logs delivered soon. Noticed I got it down to the tree leaves in a big section next to the tree line, hmm, suns out, I bet the chickens would like to come out of the coop. Shoveled a trail from the coop to where I snowblowed and opened the big door. Hours later they still didn't venture out, so I chased them out! OMG stupid chickens! They didn't use the trail, just flew out into different areas and plopped into deep snow, some made it onto the wood pile. They all just laid there like they were dead, wings stretched out motionless, after they screamed for awhile. I figured they would eventually regroup. I climbed up on the garage roof and started shoveling off the two plus foot of snow off the low slope addition roof. Chickens never moved, didn't even talk. My chickens don't let me pick them up or touch them (except for the roo, he's super nice) I don't make pets out of them. I had to pick each motionless outstretched bird up out of the snow and carry them back to the coop. Except for the two that decided to escape up the trees they got chased back in with snow balls. Stupid chickens. Bet I don't get any eggs tomorrow.

Pictures Please.

(I'd love to know if they match up to the hilarious mental image I got of that)

Back
Top Bottom