Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

It will work out! Glad you got a loaner! :)
    I won't tell Jim about the Ford, he's a Chevy man, lol... but gotta say those older cars last longer than newer ones... my 98 Voyager is my champ, he picks on me, but when he looked it over he agreed I didn't need a new car... If ya need an ear or anything, holler! :D

2. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

3. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper

Nov 3, 2010
    @Outpost JWBsorry about the car! I have a 1999 trailblazer with 240K on it and it still runs like a top! Hit a deer at 60+, hit a ditch after skidding on ice, been backed into a tree. Etc, but it runs great! I only did 1 of these accidents, Josh did the other 2.

@Beer can I'm dying over the chicken story! Mine thought they were going to die the first couple days but they've since adjusted.

@Amberjemgardens and plants and sprouts, can I just move in for a while where it's green this time of year?

I may or may not have just shelled out almost $200 for 3 english bantam orpingtons to be shipped the first week of march...

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  4. ApiaryandAviary

ApiaryandAviary Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2014
    Australorp, it means Austrailan for hybrid Black Orpington, that means large brown egg laying machine. They all look alike. My roo is a shiny Black bottle green. The girls all are fat fluffy flat black feathered. I am rehoming mine. I have so many eggs from the colorful expensive Orpingtons that I just do not have a needd for these any longer. Oh excuseee me. The girls usually give out lots of eggs but in this weather they are making me give them warm porridge and hot tea and maybe, just maybe, they might squeeze out an egg for me and more than likely I am not there to catch it mid air so by the time I get there to get it, it is frozen and cracked. I enjoy this site greatly. Thank you all.

5. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Australorps are supposedly egg laying machines, at one point they held the record for most eggs laid in a year. I think it was 366 eggs or something.

6. Peep_Show

Peep_Show Overrun With Chickens

Mar 14, 2010
    Corrales, NM
    Hi there, Everyone! [​IMG]

Been busy with work assignments. Wow! So many posts!

All girls in the coop are now laying, but the eggs are so tiny, graded as Small except for the Trader Joe's bird who on her first egg plopped out a Medium. Gave my neighbor a dozen eggs and they actually rattled in the carton like a mariachi.

Love older cars. I tend to keep vehicles at least 10 years. My ex would trade in like every two years for a new vehicle. He also chose vehicles that easily went out of tune. He's now poor and I'm rich(er); go figure. (living well is the best revenge....)

18 degrees and ice crystals falling. Not nice fluffy snow. Hot cocoa weather!

I've got more chickens in the house than in the coop [​IMG] and two more chicks on the way via the upcoming Chick Days to keep my lone hatchling company.

Hope everybody's week is splendid. Mine is even busier than normal, but I'll try to keep up with y'all. Carry on, not carrion.

7. Mahen100

Mahen100 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2012
    Ellendale, TN
    Pictures Please.

(I'd love to know if they match up to the hilarious mental image I got of that)

8. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    Caught a possum in a live trap last night. Wondering what to do with it

9. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

I'd drive to the bush and drop it off...
    Send it JW he will eat it...

pg

10. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    Thinking about rehoming it to the cab of my neighbor's truck

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by