Dixie Chicks

Tastes like another........
Going back here I don't think snow removal is more important than BYC, however replacing things that are completely functional bothers me when it is something that it perfectly preventable, like removing snow. Maybe I am a bit of a maintenance psycho but I really try to avoid buying the same things year after year.

Quote:
One thing you might do to mitigate asthma attacks is wear a cheepo facemask or bandana... When you are going to do things involving dust dander or mold. I am particularly susceptible to mold.... I cracked open a bale of Alfalfa once that was moldy on the inside... I saw the spored poof up in the air and wasnt able to hold my breath in time... I coughed all the way home and had a mild asthma/bronchitis episode right after that....

its far better to be active out there to keep your immune response on an even keel but no need to exacerbate it like I did.

My asthma also went almost away when I switched from Alfalfa for the horse to Bermuda.... So when I fed the goats I would trundle a whole bale of hay in their pen and park the wagon... They disassembled it on their own.... LOL.

deb

Quote:

Quote:
You click on the multiquote button for each post you want to respond to when youre ready to respond then click the Qote button. you will get each post in your response with space in between so you can answer each....

I try to use it if I am responding to like topics though that way I can post at the bottom

deb

One thing you might do to mitigate asthma attacks is wear a cheepo facemask or bandana...  When you are going to do things involving dust dander or mold.  I am particularly susceptible to mold....  I cracked open a bale of Alfalfa once that was moldy on the inside...  I saw the spored poof up in the air and wasnt able to hold my breath in time...  I coughed all the way home and had a mild asthma/bronchitis episode right after that....

its far better to be active out there to keep your immune response on an even keel but no need to exacerbate it like I did.

My asthma also went almost away when I switched from Alfalfa for the horse to Bermuda....  So when I fed the goats I would trundle a whole bale of hay in their pen and park the wagon...  They disassembled it on their own.... LOL.

deb

I had brutal asthma growing up, pollen, dander, dust, smoke etc.
I started treeplanting at 23 and surrounded my self with pollen during the harshest time of the season and in 7 seasons I only ever had a mild reaction. We also have 8 cats, 2 dogs and a ferret all indoor/outdoor and I have smoked since about 19 yrs. old, nothing really bother me too much so maybe it is best to surround yourself and learn to guard against it. There was an upside to asthma attacks, after they passed I usually had the best sleep of my life haha

I had a runny nose until I turned 18 and moved away to college. There I was in the middle of agriculture land (UC Davis) and could really breathe! Turns out I was allergic to Dad's cigarette smoke. Later years it turns out also to some tree pollen. DH, however, is allergic to my pets or, rather, their dander. Better since we are catless, but still has to take decongestants on occasion for the dogs. Don't know how he is with the chickens yet, though. He's still a little timid about giving them a cuddle.

Back
Top Bottom