Dixie Chicks

Wooden craft eggs are cheap cheap

Lol! My father in-law called them 'darning eggs' !? Found out back in the 'olden days' they used them for 'darning socks' repairing or patching socks! Lol, we get socks from China now their cheap, no need to patch socks! Our local feed store sells wooden eggs.
I never used them before, but the last bunch of chickens I had before these, and I'll argue with anyone that says 'hybrid' or 'sex link' chickens are the best layers are full of crap! Those RIRs laid a egg a day everyday how can you get better than that? I bought 'hybrid' golden comets, pretty birds, didn't lay as good as my RIRs, and ATE EGGS! The RIRs never ate eggs.
My father in-law told me I should have put some 'darning eggs' in with them. HUH!?
Just to be safe I put golf balls AND dollar store plastic Easter eggs filled with sand AND super glued shut in their nesting boxes this time. No egg eating, even a few I found in the coop broken by a apparent stupid chicken who thinks they can lay eggs while on the roost, no egg eating.

@Amberjem check out April 1st (no joke ;) http://www.valleyfarmcenter.com/promotions.html Maybe you can call ahead to reserve or at the very least, be there when they open.

Have been checking in, just quiet... We found a coop and it was delivered yesterday - a great first coop and it was a great deal. So happy! My husband and I will be gone for a week to see family in Ireland (his granny's 90th bday) and celebrate our 10 yr anniversary a month early. When we get back we'll finally be getting chicks! So excited!

Hope everyone is well. @vehve very nice work on the bunny hutch.

Take care everyone and goodnight.
smile.png

@Amberjem check out April 1st (no joke ;) http://www.valleyfarmcenter.com/promotions.html Maybe you can call ahead to reserve or at the very least, be there when they open.

Have been checking in, just quiet... We found a coop and it was delivered yesterday - a great first coop and it was a great deal. So happy! My husband and I will be gone for a week to see family in Ireland (his granny's 90th bday) and celebrate our 10 yr anniversary a month early. When we get back we'll finally be getting chicks! So excited!

Hope everyone is well. @vehve very nice work on the bunny hutch.

Take care everyone and goodnight.
smile.png
ya I know seen that it's to late for me then probly be in maryland by then...lol I figured it was a april fools watch they wont be there :p have a good trip be safe

I am hopelessly behind!
hit.gif
253 posts behind! Please forgive me
fl.gif
Hoping just a couple more weeks until I can have time for regular daily visits! Just dropping by to HI! and hope all is well! Everyone Have a great Friday (the 13th).
big_smile.png

Jem, how many do you want and how long will you be gone for? Maybe I could get them for you and babysit for a bit...if you don't mind them being socialized by my kids - they'll be on spring break. They would be gentle though.
(I don't know at this point, everythings up inb the air waiting for the construction to start and finish ect........

Morning all! Got to catch up on reading later. Get little girl off to school and hubby off to work. It's FRIDAY! Which means something now! No work tomorrow. Just packing for training trip on Monday
big_smile.png
Have a good morning. It's pouring down rain here.
sad.png

Morning all!  Got to catch up on reading later.  Get little girl off to school and hubby off to work.  It's FRIDAY!  Which means something now!  No work tomorrow.  Just packing for training trip on Monday:D   Have a good morning.  It's pouring down rain here.:(
the rain must be heading this way, it isn't doing anything here yet

Going to look at the chocolate and chocolate cuckoo orps tonight! She left me a voice mail saying around 5 was fine! Got to wait till a more decent hour and call her back.

Back
Top Bottom