Do chickens ever lay two eggs per day?

:welcome :frow Are you sure she is laying 2 eggs a day and there isn't another bird laying? Have you actually seen her lay the eggs? It's not impossible but unusual. I have had it happen but rarely.
She is the only hen with 3 ducks, the duck are too young...so it is obvious in this case..

I've noticed on our cochin the eggs show that they had been touching one another. The first one has a discoloration circle and the second one has thinned shell within the circle. Is this a resolute of reproduction problems?

I'm going to try to find out if she can get help, but she's be here until she passes. Right now she's not laying but getting the same love. She is the low hen on the totem pole and gets picked on. I think she has a eating disorder from being picked on and having to fight for food. They free range in the yard and she's ok, but in the coop and run is where she's bossed by the littlest hen. She's a feisty little girl.

I had a Deleware who would some days lay two eggs. The first one would be soft shelled and would usually crack and get eaten unless I got out before it got trampled on. The second one would be laid about an hour or two later and would be a nice hard shell. This happened pretty frequently. Sadly she mysteriously died a little after being one year old.

I just collected 11 eggs from 10 hens. I only have two that lay blue eggs and today there were three! Until now we have only ever gotten 9 at most per day, but I definitely collected two blue ones yesterday. So weird.

Attachments

• 00F2F6FA-4A7D-499E-B288-F45774DD045D.jpeg
    00F2F6FA-4A7D-499E-B288-F45774DD045D.jpeg
    430.7 KB · Views: 3
i think my pullet Valentine laid two a day the other day. I checked the box in the morning and I didn’t find any, but when Valentine came off of the nest several hours later, their were TWO brown eggs! She’s my only other layer besides my blue-laying EE so I was shocked to see it there. Either it was rolled into a corner from the previous day and I didn’t see it until she pushed it underneath her, or she really did lay two that day.

I just collected 11 eggs from 10 hens. I only have two that lay blue eggs and today there were three! Until now we have only ever gotten 9 at most per day, but I definitely collected two blue ones yesterday. So weird.
Any irregularity on the shells?
One of my girls has two there's a circler irregularity where the eggs touched.

Back
Top Bottom