Do pullets pace before POL?

Lisawbsn

Songster
Jun 1, 2021
This is Aileen a week ago, except for squatting she was her usual standoffish I prefer not to touched self. She is 21 weeks old, an EE, active but laid back. Today she is jumping in my lap, allowing me to check her vent, following me, pacing, and going in and out of the coop repeatedly. I can hear her in a nest box scuffling around, cackling loudly. Her vent is quite big, color is normal, space between pelvic bones is over 3 fingers wide, I do not feel anything unusual. Is this typical behavior? She’s almost cuddling with me and that is not who this girl is.

Attachments

• B03E6974-C445-4D95-8B2F-10BC5ED1B248.jpeg
    B03E6974-C445-4D95-8B2F-10BC5ED1B248.jpeg
    369.3 KB · Views: 38
This is Aileen a week ago, except for squatting she was her usual standoffish I prefer not to touched self. She is 21 weeks old, an EE, active but laid back. Today she is jumping in my lap, allowing me to check her vent, following me, pacing, and going in and out of the coop repeatedly. I can hear her in a nest box scuffling around, cackling loudly. Her vent is quite big, color is normal, space between pelvic bones is over 3 fingers wide, I do not feel anything unusual. Is this typical behavior? She’s almost cuddling with me and that is not who this girl is.
Sounds normal to me! Usually once chickens get to POL or have been laying for a little while they will mature. In my experience when they mature they get sweeter and more tolerant.😊

Back
Top Bottom