Do you ever feel like you were born the wrong year?

Alaska animal lover

Crowing
15 Years
Apr 30, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
I think I was born at least 40 years too late.
My friends don't get it. Why would I want to make a pie from scratch when you just go buy one for $6.99 at walmart?
Why keep chickens? Bake bread? Grow a garden? Read a book? Stay at home with my kids?

Sigh.
That is why I love it here. Most of you "get it".
I can't wait to tell them I'm going to try to make MissPrissy's cheese!
ep.gif

Oh and all the garden growers here, if you haven't done so would you please go sign up at The easy garden?
I would love to get some recipes from everyone using garden goodies.
smile.png

Last edited:
hugs.gif
to you for "daring to be different"!

When I reached my 20's I swore I wouldn't be like my Mom (gardening, canning, etc...). Now I'm in my 40's and proudly working my way to walking in my Mom's footsteps.
cool.png

Dawn

i feel like i should be in my 60-70s, I actually enjoy living off the land (hunting fishing gardening etc) tired of the high prices as well and wish i was older (only thirteen)

LOL! This evening I told the boys I was going to make buttermilk biscuits to go with our chicken (yep, home grown!) and our youngest asked if he could "smack that can!".
lol.png
I told him "no!" and he gave me the saddest look, but then brightened up when I told him I was making them from scratch so there was no can to smack...
big_smile.png
Now, if I could just trade eggs/chicken for fresh garden veggies, and get a cow for milk, I'd be set!
Hmmmmm...

I know I'm out of my century but it's funny and touching because I have so many parents tell me they wanted their kids in my class because of my "old-fashioned" values and because I teach them about hatching, and gardening, and respect.

This may sound odd, but I have a theory...(those that see me IRL, groan and shake their heads when I say this, I have a lot of theories, lol) But! I have a theory that although we feel as though we don't belong during this time, and we are the misfits so to speak. We are also the ones that may just have a strong hand in saving this great nation of ours. The things we find enjoyment out of, the way we choose to live our lives right now are regarded as odd to some. However, perhaps it is our influence, and our children's influence that will give the country the road map back to the skills it needs to become more self sufficient, to stop relying on the cheap and easy, and go with the way that yields a higher reward.

Just my 0.02 at 1:37 am.

Rachel

Back
Top Bottom