KindVonDerMond

Songster
Aug 25, 2017
Hello, I'm not quite sure if this is the correct forum, but it seemed right.
I have a few questions for you all: Do you give toys to your chickens? If so, what kind? Which is your flock's favorite toy? I want lots of suggestions so my (and hopefully other's) flock will be happy and stimulated!

I give mine limited free-range time each day, but they are locked up in a run the majority of the time. Mine enjoy the plastic ball with holes in the ends that spill out treats. The four holes spilled food out too quickly, so I glue-gunned two closed and give them primarily pellet feed and occasionally dried meal worms or sunflower seeds as treats.

Another option is food on a string. I've done corn cob and I've read that some tie up a cabbage head.

Last edited:
I gave them stuff to do when they were in the brooder they had one of those cat balls with a bell in it. But now that they've grown and get to explore the yard they're too busy scratching around to play. They were cute chasing that little ball though. Sometimes I do put mealworms or crickets inside a melon for a treat they love that.

Back
Top Bottom