Doggie pics, please

This is my rotten Basenji (I adore him, rotten though he is):
August2006051.jpg

Robin nests into blankets and pillows when given the opportunity

August2006056.jpg

Robin helps do the dishes!

Registered name: Rusty Always Talking (and believe me, he IS. Basenjis may not have a true bark, but they yodel (sounds like "BaROo") and fox bark ("buff"). He usually gives a fox bark after being told off for doing things like taking the newspaper from you when it's walk-time; I call that sassing.) I call him Robin, after Robin Hood, for he is a prince of thieves, he'll steal your heart and anything else you have!

I adopted him through the breed rescue, Basenji Rescue and Transport... aptly called BRAT for short.
big_smile.png
He's 10years old (in those picture's he's 9) and a healthy 25 pounds now, but was a whopping 50 pound seven year old dog when he was put into the system. I was told that he was given up along with the owner's female Basenji (they were a breeding pair) because the owner's fiance told her to get rid of them, he didn't like the breed. :thun The foster kept him intact for a suspiciously long time, they must be neutered to be adopted, so I don't know how many pups he might have out there...

Sasha was my first dog that I have ever owned. She was a Maltese. Sadly we lost her this past summer. She was 11.

Picture024.jpg

(RIP)

This is our current dog. Her name is Sabina and she is a SPCA shelter rescue. She's a 2, going on 3 year old Carolina Dog X German Shepherd mix:

082007_0917.jpg

010808_1255.jpg

031008_1000.jpg

030808_1026a.jpg

Last edited:
Here's our "other" children.

This is Lady,an English Setter. She's 11 years old and still very active. She think any wild thing in the yard is fair game. She's one of my mousers. To Her mice are just fast food.

Ladyheadshot14Apr08.jpg

Lady14April08.jpg

This is Snoopy, a Beagle/Basset mix. He's 6 years old and belongs to my son. He get to sleep on his bed when my son is home from college. He has to be put on the bed as Chris says "This black and white dog doesn't jump".

Snoopy14Apr08.jpg

And this is My best friend and buddy, Herbie, a Cairn Terrier. He's 3 years old and is everywhere I am. He and Lady are the mousers and keep the coop mouse free.

pictures2-20008.jpg

Herbieshaircut.jpg

He also loves to play ball, sometimes for hours.

Quote:
Do! I'm always willing to share experiences, and I am a bit of a walking encyclopedia (a good thing for someone who's applying to vet schools!). The rescue site is very informative (and they are a nationwide rescue, if you were wondering): www.basenjirescue.org

This is Moxi, she's our Jack Russell/Shih Tzu mix, 3 yrs.
Moxi_06.jpg

This is Cleo, our Lab/Shep mix, our 1st pup, 8 yrs. (Nimble, Rat Terrier in the background, may she rest in peace)
Cleo-Nimble_Xmas05.jpg

This is Sydney, our Great Dane, 8 yrs.
Syd.jpg

Jetta, our Rat Terrier, 2 yrs.
Jetta-Small.jpg

Quote:
That seems cruel and wasteful. If they're not breeding material then why not just alter them so they can't "contaminate"?

Quote:
That seems cruel and wasteful. If they're not breeding material then why not just alter them so they can't "contaminate"?

Many breeders go on the thought that the white boxers are more prone to cancer and mor likely to be deaf and or blind.
hmm.png

Not saying I would cull them, just saying what I've heard.

The same happens with white dobermans.

Back
Top Bottom