Dougie has hurt herself again!

Stop the aspirin. She might be having an allergic reaction to it. It's the only thing I can think of that might be causing this, the only thing you started doing different.
this is a good thought actually, I didnt consider that, but I dont think thats what this is- as she was already behaving this way before I gave it to her (her dose before that had worn off and she showed no issues) and has calmed down since having the last dose. I'll keep an eye on this though just in case

Pekins can take a bit longer to heal. I would give her lots of water therapy to help take some weight off the leg and help it heal without being under stress.

I would look also into seeing if she has a slipped tendon or anything like that. My runner got one as an adult and didn't present how it normally does. It probably isn't it, but I always look just in case.

I don't see why not if it doesn't have caffeine in it.
Caffeine is added for migraines. It helps vasoconstrict blood vessels around the brain. Increased blood pressure can cause headaches. That is why it is added.

Did she lay today? Sorry my internet has been down again. It won’t hurt to give her some cal glu if she’s able to swallow.
I'll see if I can get her booked asap at the vet, in the morning. I'm very much in doubt that we will get an appointment within the next few days though
Pekins can take a bit longer to heal. I would give her lots of water therapy to help take some weight off the leg and help it heal without being under stress.

I would look also into seeing if she has a slipped tendon or anything like that. My runner got one as an adult and didn't present how it normally does. It probably isn't it, but I always look just in case.
I did wonder if it could be something like that, I'll have a feel along both legs and see if I can feel anything out of place- I have had a good feel of it though and I didnt notice anything off except for some heat, which feels warmest at the top of the leg just above the joint

Get some sleep, @BelovedBirds . Maybe set your alarm a bit earlier to check on her, but you need your rest too, now that Dougie has calmed down.
I will try! I'll be up early to see if she's doing any better and perhaps call the vets once they open depending on that... It's heartbreaking seeing them hurt. Dougie is such a special bird, so affectionate and usually so energetic and playful. When things smoothly it's amazing, but these two give me plenty of sleepless nights too.

I'll update soon, Thanks @Miss Lydia @Quatie and @Canadian Wind for your support

Sorry I didn’t see this earlier, but I don’t really have anything to add that hasn’t already been suggested. But I’d second the water therapy. Might help strengthen it, and let her take some weight off it. You might consider looking into slings to place her in also, if it gets really bad. I’m not sure what to think about the panting, my first thought was egg issues, but if she laid in the morning, that’s probably not it. 🤷‍♀️

I just saw this. Poor Dougie, she was certainly trying to tell you something in the video.
I am glad she has quietened down more recently although that might be exhaustion. I have no idea what is going on. If she were mine I would be like you keeping her close and quiet [and fretting.] Offering her deep baths to swim in and trying to get an urgent Vet appointment.
Good luck Dougie; stay strong @BelovedBirds

Oh, poor Dougie! My girl who is laying internally had no other symptoms beyond the very distended abdomen. But my Runner did get distressed kind of like this when she was egg bound.

I would def schedule that vet appointment ASAP. Or do an urgent/emergency appointment if they can't see her soon.

I am so sorry you and Dougie are dealing with this...
:hugs

Back
Top Bottom