Drakes Eclipse/Nuptial Plumage pics

Pics
Definitely I am also trying to sell off all young Drakes and it's proving to be fruitless..:barnie..Soon I'll be giving them away and still stuck with too many Drakes...

I didn’t take any money from this guy, but he did buy ducklings from me earlier this year, and I bought quail eggs from him a few years ago, and he is also breeding Snowy call ducks, so I hope to get some of those eggs from him. :D

Definitely I am also trying to sell off all young Drakes and it's proving to be fruitless..:barnie..Soon I'll be giving them away and still stuck with too many Drakes...
I'm looking for at least one young call duck drake, I know a lady who breeds them. I've been getting ducklings from her this breeding season. That's how I got my Black East Indies Drake, Ludo, He's excellent quality and is absolutely tiny. I thought that BEI's were more around mallard size, but he's really no bigger than my call duck hens.

View attachment 1470584blue fawn call duck in eclipse. View attachment 1470585 View attachment 1470589 nuptial plumage. (Did I spell that right?)View attachment 1470575
These are really cool pictures!

Sadly my drake is white so I will not have any "remarkable" pics to share...unless you want to see him in his bow tie that is about all I have got!
You will still be able to tell and post some pictures! They get all brownish or yellowish staining to their feathers. And look pretty raggedy. They don’t look sleek when they are molting. Post some pics when it happens!! I want to see them. I love chubber wubbers. So does @Julie Birb!

And I won’t get any more pics of the drake from my initial post here, unless his new owner sends me some. :(
He was a typical hormonal drake and was being too rough on my youngsters. I have too many drakes as it is, so some have to go. He went first. But he went to a nice prior customer of mine that will use him for breeding, so he should be more than happy in his new home. :p
Im sure he is happy to oblige.:gig

I didn’t take any money from this guy, but he did buy ducklings from me earlier this year, and I bought quail eggs from him a few years ago, and he is also breeding Snowy call ducks, so I hope to get some of those eggs from him. :D
What a nice mutual relationship you have! That’s great to have those nice people near you.

Zazu is looking more like a mature drake these days.
IMG_1657.JPG

Does anyone else want to share some pictures of drakes comparing their eclipse and nuptial plumage variations?

This is my Call drake, Jax, over the last few months.
View attachment 1462690

Editing to add quotes from later in this thread with links to articles on this subject.:
20180923_185505.jpg 20180925_141337.jpg 20180924_154308.jpg My new babies! Drake is juuuuuuust getting his whiskers, bars, and sails back . Yay!

Back
Top Bottom