Drunk/chicken struggling to stand and walk

eggmandoo

Chirping
Oct 14, 2016
Notts, uk
I have just found my 19 week old rir rooster walking funny/uncoordinated and sitting lob sided. Two hours before he was fine. Now seems distressed. I placed him in the coop and he couldn't settle. I have sprayed quite a lot of anti peck spray on him today. Could this be the cause ?

There are two older hens that constantly peck the rear of the rooster. not full on pecking but nipping the soft feathers. it seems more of an irritant to the roo. so i sprayed the anti peck stuff. i fear too much after researching the net. they are all fed a standard layers feed as i have 19 week olds and 25 week old. They have water with cider vin in it. I have recently put apples and cabbages in the pen.
The rir is struggling to stand and after a few seconds, plonks down leaning to one side. I have now washed off as much of the spray as i can. Whilst doing so, i found a wound where the wing meets the body. It looked fresh, so i sprayed it with purple antiseptic spray. i am keeping to rir outside tonight to give him air.
Any ideas?

There are two older hens that constantly peck the rear of the rooster. not full on pecking but nipping the soft feathers. it seems more of an irritant to the roo. so i sprayed the anti peck stuff. i fear too much after researching the net. they are all fed a standard layers feed as i have 19 week olds and 25 week old. They have water with cider vin in it. I have recently put apples and cabbages in the pen.
The rir is struggling to stand and after a few seconds, plonks down leaning to one side. I have now washed off as much of the spray as i can. Whilst doing so, i found a wound where the wing meets the body. It looked fresh, so i sprayed it with purple antiseptic spray. i am keeping to rir outside tonight to give him air.
Any ideas?
Yeah, I have a few.......Add Grower to the layer feed......Pecking can be caused from a lack in protein.....The Rooster needs it anyways....Stop all the snacks/treats and give once a week...Chickens need a Balanced diet.....

Granite grit and Oyster shell out at all times in separate bowls.....

Cheers!

Yeah, I have a few.......Add Grower to the layer feed......Pecking can be caused from a lack in protein.....The Rooster needs it anyways....Stop all the snacks/treats and give once a week...Chickens need a Balanced diet.....

Cheers!

do the symptoms sound consistent with over use of the anti peck spray?
ta for the advice

Cheers!

do the symptoms sound consistent with over use of the anti peck spray?
ta for the advice

Back
Top Bottom