Duck bitten by dog

He’s doing so well, everything is healing really quickly, thank goodness. He’s back to wanting to lead his little flock, and acting very much his normal self. Still treating it 2x a day. About how long should I keep him away from swimming? Like 10 days as if he had surgery? Longer? Thank you guys soooo much for all the good advice.

We found the hole in the gate that he slipped through and blocked it—hopefully no more sneaking in the dogs’ yard!!

B0BDFD95-831B-4CFA-8A78-AB08B153382A.jpeg

He’s doing so well, everything is healing really quickly, thank goodness. He’s back to wanting to lead his little flock, and acting very much his normal self. Still treating it 2x a day. About how long should I keep him away from swimming? Like 10 days as if he had surgery? Longer? Thank you guys soooo much for all the good advice.

We found the hole in the gate that he slipped through and blocked it—hopefully no more sneaking in the dogs’ yard!!

View attachment 2391341

Glad to hear he's doing good. I would wait at least ten days from when the wound occurred before letting him out. When he is out, try to keep the water as clean as possible.

Back
Top Bottom