Duck Breed Focus - Muscovy

Pics
We have two Muscovy ducks. Still not sure if we have a male and female yet. Scooter (dark one) is always being chased by the Pekin drake and he is about 6 months old. Bought Maggie (white one) from a breeder and was told she is around same age. We think she is female and has laid some light green eggs, we think. They are so fun and are friendlier than the Pekins. They love to come and eat grapes from your hands. They seem to have some type of ritual where they bob their heads up & down and open & close their mouths while wagging their tales.
Welcome to BYC! Nice looking ducks. -Kathy

I just brought Muscovy home this evening. They guy I bought them from said they can be kept with other breeds of ducks and won't "interbreed". Can anybody confirm this for me? That sure would save tying up a whole extra coop to keep breeds separate.

I just brought Muscovy home this evening. They guy I bought them from said they can be kept with other breeds of ducks and won't "interbreed". Can anybody confirm this for me? That sure would save tying up a whole extra coop to keep breeds separate.
Oh yes they will dif mate with other ducks.

I thought they would only mate with regular ducks if there wasn't any other muscovy around, that's what I've read.

Wow, thankfully I haven't had that trouble, I thought muscovy were more dignified than other breeds.

Back
Top Bottom