Duck Breed Focus - Muscovy

Pics
@oldhenlikesdogs - We aren't sure to be honest
hmm.png

He does look younger, black and white muscovy, especially the white headed will get more white feathers each year when they molt, his contrast is nice. I would take him.

@Miss Lydia - The rooster was a bit angry in the beginning but they've all went their separate ways now. They stay monitored throughout the day, and we've been making sure he hasn't been picked on. As for him possibly trying to mate with the hens, I understand completely. We are working pretty swiftly on our house so we may go ahead and start working on their new pens too. Thank you for mentioning this.
@HomesteaderWife He is gorgeous Donald will make a wonderful addition to your homestead. Thanks for sharing him with us.

@Miss Lydia - The rooster was a bit angry in the beginning but they've all went their separate ways now. They stay monitored throughout the day, and we've been making sure he hasn't been picked on. As for him possibly trying to mate with the hens, I understand completely. We are working pretty swiftly on our house so we may go ahead and start working on their new pens too. Thank you for mentioning this.
He is quite handsome!

Just got this trio . I am thinking the black one is the male, his beak is the whitest while the other two have a slight pink tinge to them. Although I am 100% clueless on ducks, as these are my first! Are these three muscovy? I tried to Google and I don't see any similarities .. They are approx 4 months old.
Any tips, advice, everything would he greatly appreciated
263a.png

Just got this trio . I am thinking the black one is the male, his beak is the whitest while the other two have a slight pink tinge to them. Although I am 100% clueless on ducks, as these are my first! Are these three muscovy? I tried to Google and I don't see any similarities .. They are approx 4 months old.
263a.png
Lovely! But think the reverse of what you posted. Ducks have little caruncles and redness. The duck (hen) will have a shorter, rounder body than the drake, they are much smaller than drakes as adults. Its too early for me to tell without close up pictures. Drakes get a lot more red caruncles than ducks. My lavender fella even has caruncles on his neck. Some of my scovy drakes are as big as geese in body size.

263a.png

You're going to hate me, but I think I see three drakes(but wait for a real expert to chime in). They're really nice though. Those whites are pretty. Wish I could find something besides white headed drakes. They remind me of catholic priests or umbrellas...or both at once.

Back
Top Bottom