Duck eye infection?

Do you wrap in a towel first that can help. Hope his eye will be fine after the finishes his meds.
Yes, I had to give so much meds to my egg bound girls last year we got good at it.

First, sit in a chair, wrap the duck in a towel like @Miss Lydia said. I hold the duck on my lap close to me with my left arm and once she's calmed down from the trauma of being held I take my left hand using my thumb and index finger to pry open her mouth and zip zip just squirt the meds down the hole on HER/HIS right side.

He seems to be getting better, thanks! His eye is still a little goopy. Today temps are in the 40's, so everybody's talking baths. I'm going to get more antibiotic Monday, because I've spilled so much of it on him. He's a tough customer when it comes to taking his meds. Eyedrops are snap, but the oral med is a pain! Thanks for thinking of my boy!

My poor geese trying to take a bath. Hopefully the spring will thaw before our next
274C6F98-6A6D-4F5E-9D95-7D3AE1FB962D.jpeg
round comes in next week

Here's an update on Marco. Unfortunately his eye got better to a point, but was still gooey. If he didn't bathe for a few days, because of the cold, he'd really look bad with eye goo on his right wing. The infection seems to have cleared up somewhat, but the vet suggested we remove the eye, or it may get reinfected and could be causing pain. He's scheduled for surgery on Wednesday. Hoping for the best, please keep him in your thoughts. : )

Back
Top Bottom