Oh yes that is way too much drakes. Depending on your weather they can get sexually active early. We have really soft winters the last years; so most are going at it the whole year. It used to be; ducks born early in the year (spring) may or may not lay eggs/being sexually active untill the next spring; but had a good chance to do it the same year. Ducks born later in the year (summer/fall) probably not the same year. Due to soft warm weather they are ALL at it between 4-6 months. No egg-pauses or shedding anymore.. the weather is too off/nice to slow them down.

Did you manage to reduce the drakes?
Not yet. It’s getting close to spring so I will start advertising on radio. (Tradio)

I have two drakes and two ducks I will not get rid of a drake and man these things are work and messy so I really don’t want to add a female so what will happen? Is it possible it will be ok with two and two?

Hard to say they may start fighting (the drakes) and begin ganging up on your females so your going to have to watch an protect your females if you see abuse. Some make drakes their own space when breeding season gets out of hand. Keep in mind too the 2 drakes hanging up on 1 female in water can drown her too.

Back
Top Bottom