Duck Names

LilMissChz

Songster
7 Years
Feb 16, 2012
North East, Maryland
I'm drawing a complete blank. I've got 5 eggs in the incubator set to hatch in 3 days and haven't come up with one decent duck name that doesn't scream "I'm a duck!" Should I just give in and give them cute, duckish names? I really just wanted CUTE names, not ducky ones.

What did you name your ducks?

Last edited:
We have a "Pete"......

an "Elvis" due to his feathers on his head

And an "Alexander" aka Xander....

We also have 3 Rouen ducklings(1 drake, 2 hens I believe), 3 Pekin hen ducklings, 2 Buff Orpington pullets, and 6 red sexlink pullets to name......Having a hard time coming up with a name for all of these guys

Don't do what I did and allow your toddlers to name them. When we had 2 Pekins they were Sketchy (my husband picked that because she was so sketchy about everything when we got her) and Fred. Fred was a girl. (rip, I miss her, she was my favorite and we recently lost her). We added 2 more ducks Rocky, our cayuga drake, and Bitey, our rouen duck. My son has names them all except Sketch... Do you know how embarrassing it is to proudly show off your ducks and say "here is the beautiful Bitey, she lays pink eggs."?

In general I do functional names for the chickens and fun stuff for the ducks. What kind of eggs are they?

When I was hatching my chicks, I bid on and won 10 Saxony duck eggs here on the "Buy, Sell, Trade" board. My poor husband nearly had a stroke when the eggs arrived. He had barely time to get used to the idea of chicks, when I sprung the Saxony eggs on him.

LOL :lau

Don't do what I did and allow your toddlers to name them. When we had 2 Pekins they were Sketchy (my husband picked that because she was so sketchy about everything when we got her) and Fred. Fred was a girl. (rip, I miss her, she was my favorite and we recently lost her). We added 2 more ducks Rocky, our cayuga drake, and Bitey, our rouen duck. My son has names them all except Sketch... Do you know how embarrassing it is to proudly show off your ducks and say "here is the beautiful Bitey, she lays pink eggs."?

In general I do functional names for the chickens and fun stuff for the ducks. What kind of eggs are they?

Last edited:
Just throwing something out, but you could play around with the saxony angle.... Three names come to mind Saks Fifth Avenue... Go with a theme of high end retailers... Saks, Tiffany, bloomingdale... I should stop, shouldn't I?

We're having a hard time too. My kids don't even want to help because our first batch are gender unknowns and they know we will re-home the drakes so they don't want to get attached.

So far we have:

Pip (my biiiig Pekin)
Boo (possible harlequin)
MoMo (crested something- maybe harlequin?)
Tiny (black one and she is itty bitty)
Wink (eye infection caused this name hehe, she's better now- name stuck)
Laken (one of our black ones- i suspect a runner because she stands straighter than the others)

We have lizards and cats too- we love to name things - even my kids have fun names haha

Scrappy
Watson
Bokeh (bow-kuh)
Daisy

Napoleon
Nikka
Hulk
Beauty
Rocket
Larry

I better get crackin myself though- I have another batch of babies coming in- 2 each of 4 different kinds so I will be able to name all my ladies (had them sexed) and hopefully tell them apart. :D

No, you should go on. I like it! I think I may just take you up on that!

Just throwing something out, but you could play around with the saxony angle.... Three names come to mind Saks Fifth Avenue... Go with a theme of high end retailers... Saks, Tiffany, bloomingdale... I should stop, shouldn't I?

Back
Top Bottom