Duckling pooped clear liquid

RJKnott

Songster
Mar 25, 2020
So bought 2 ducklings to raise for my granddaughter since the ones I was hatching didn’t make it.

Had them a little over a week. 2 pekins. Think one is male and one female which is fine.
The male has just 2 times in a row now, pooped out clear liquid. Not normal poop. Just like… pure water, I’d take a pic but it just absorbed almost immediately into the pad they are on.

He’s running around and playing like Normal. He pooped normally just a little while ago. Eating and drinking normally

Something to be concerned about? Just never seen pure water like that come out

Pics of the babies. Granddaughter (who is 3) named them Yum-Yum and Olaf. Yum yum trying to look photogenic while Olaf gives me the side eye for waking him up while taking his pic
2622102E-86DF-4E06-9580-5D057CDA2192.jpeg

If I remember correctly, when my ducks were ducklings, they did the same thing. It might just be that they drank more water than they ate. Duck poop reflects what's going in and it looks pretty similar when it comes out. 😉
Just wondering - how do you know that one is male and one is female?

If he is acting normal I wouldn’t be concerned. Both the digestive tract and the urinary tract exit out the cloaca (they have the white paste uric acid instead of yellow urine). Anyway, they love water so he probably just drank too much.

If I remember correctly, when my ducks were ducklings, they did the same thing. It might just be that they drank more water than they ate. Duck poop reflects what's going in and it looks pretty similar when it comes out. 😉
Just wondering - how do you know that one is male and one is female?
I don’t and am not 100% sure. YumYum is always on the move and super feisty. She reminds me of the female pekin I raised from a duckling. Olaf reminds me of the male I raised. Has the zoomies from time to time, but prefers to sit more often than the other one and is more laid back. Also when walking tends to be more horizontal to the ground where as yum yum walks a little more upright. Again something my female pekin did a lot of as a duckling

They could both be males or both females. Just they reminded me of the 2 pekins I raised from ducklings before

So bought 2 ducklings to raise for my granddaughter since the ones I was hatching didn’t make it.

Had them a little over a week. 2 pekins. Think one is male and one female which is fine.
The male has just 2 times in a row now, pooped out clear liquid. Not normal poop. Just like… pure water, I’d take a pic but it just absorbed almost immediately into the pad they are on.

He’s running around and playing like Normal. He pooped normally just a little while ago. Eating and drinking normally

Something to be concerned about? Just never seen pure water like that come out

Pics of the babies. Granddaughter (who is 3) named them Yum-Yum and Olaf. Yum yum trying to look photogenic while Olaf gives me the side eye for waking him up while taking his picView attachment 3444012
Don't worry! Ducklings have short guts and will poop clear liquid after drinking alot. If the little one is running around eating, drinking and otherwise behaving normally, worry not!

Sorry your own didn't successfully incubate. Hopefully these two will give years of pleasure

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom