Brooke_R

Crowing
Sep 15, 2020
Few hours ago I was outside with my ducks when all of a sudden one started whipping her head around really aggressively and I noticed something in her mouth. I was to busy checking on her I didn’t pay much attention to it but I think I saw yellow or orange and I’m wondering if it was a yellow jacket. She kept whipping her head and had her wings stuck out and drooped for a minute. When I got to her she just plopped right down with her wings stuck out. She kept doing a panting motion with her mouth and by her sounds I could tell she was in pain. I could only get a look at the tip of her tongue but didn’t see anything. When I sat her back down she just dropped and didn’t move. Then as I was holding her she started to nod off. The whole time her butt was drooping also. It’s been about 6 hours and she seems totally fine and normal however a few minutes ago her butt was dropping for a second again but is now back to normal. Should she be fine or is there anything I should do for her? She’s been eating and drinking. Shes also roughly 2 months old or so

She seems totally normal this morning. From what I could see there wasn’t any swelling. Thank you! I was worried and wanted to make sure
How is she doing this morning?

You didn't mention if you checked inside her mouth for any swelling, but if there is, you can give her some Benadryl to help reduce the sting pain, and calm her down a little bit. You can find the dose here :

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dramine-for-poultry-under-construction.74175/

If she's acting fine, and no swelling, just leave her be.

Back
Top Bottom