Ducklings feet problems!

hananak

In the Brooder
May 8, 2021
Hi,

I've got 2 ducklings, they are almost 2 weeks old. I've noticed that one of them has feet that sort of shrivel up and are turned inwards. I have attached photos of both of the duckies feet to compare. I've read some stuff and people said it might be a vitamin B deficiency. I have bought niacin tablets from a local pharmacy and read some people crush these and add them to water or feed. Would this be okay or is there something else I should do? Thank you!
Jaime Feet .jpg
Patrice Feet .jpg
20210508_222932[13017].jpg

I would definitely give the niacin a try! Also brewer's yeast is another way to get them the extra nutrients they need. We had a pekin duckling with wry neck that we treated with brewer's yeast and vitamin E supplement. She made a full recovery.
What are you giving them for feed?

Last edited:
I would definitely give the niacin a try! Also brewer's yeast is another way to get them the extra nutrients they need. We had a pekin duckling with wry neck that we treated with brewer's yeast and vitamin E supplement. She made a full recovery.
What are you giving them for feed?
I am using a starter feed that I bought when I got the ducklings. Couldn't find any starter feed in GTA (greater Toronto Area). Was told to start them on a grower feed when they hit 4 weeks old - still on the lookout for that too :(

Back
Top Bottom